No understanding on NRO with PPP: Shaukat AzizNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:23 am ICT by admin
Aziz said that the NRO is aimed at creating a congenial political environment for the general elections and eliminate “the past vindictive and negative politics”.
The Prime Minister rejected the assumption that the PML-Q would make an election alliance with the PPP for the forthcoming general elections, saying the party would contest the elections with its current allies.
He said President Pervez Musharraf had secured 57 per cent of the vote in the recent presidential election, which showed his popularity as well as the strength of PML-Q and its allies.
Aziz hoped that the Supreme Court would make a “good decision” in the petitions challenging Musharraf’s eligibility for the election.
In an interview with CNN, Aziz said that the government’s lawyers were “very confident” the court would uphold Musharraf’s election.
He rejected reports that divisions over the election were distracting the government’s efforts to deal with al Qaeda and Taliban militants along the border with Afghanistan.
“That is absolutely untrue,” he said.
The Daily Times quoted Aziz as saying that the government had not decided whether to allow Nawaz Sharif to travel to London. (ANI)
- Benazir's 'assassin' being made Pakistan's Deputy PM: Qureshi - May 01, 2011
- PPP, PML-Q strike power-sharing deal - May 02, 2011
- Architect of NRO Musharraf must also be tried: Pak PM - May 17, 2010
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
- PML-Q to get Deputy PM post, several ministries on joining PPP-led Pak Govt: Report - Apr 30, 2011
- Meeting between Zardari, Nawaz expected soon: Raja Riaz - Nov 25, 2010
- Pir Pagara distances himself from Musharraf - Oct 08, 2010
- PML-N goes overboard in protest against PPP in Pak parliament - Apr 21, 2011
- Musharraf never consulted PML-Q on NRO, Benazir 'deal': Ch Zaheer - Oct 08, 2010
- Patterson refutes Musharraf's allegations over Shujaat's role in NRO deal - Oct 09, 2010
- Musharraf to unite all factions of PML upon return to Pakistan - Jan 25, 2010
- Breakthrough eludes Gilani in Pakistan's political crisis (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Pakistan's Senate passes reformed GST bill recommendations - Nov 26, 2010
- Shujaat meets Imran in quest of common ground in Pak Politics - Dec 26, 2010
- PML-N unlikely to demand Zardari's resignation over NRO - Dec 21, 2009
Tags: allies, ary television, cnn, congenial, forthcoming general, general elections, militants, national reconciliation, nawaz sharif, negative politics, nro, petitions, pml, political environment, ppp, president pervez musharraf, presidential election, shaukat aziz, vindictive