No royal residence for Prince William, Kate Middleton after weddingNovember 17th, 2010 - 1:07 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 17 (ANI): Prince William and Kate Middleton, who will be getting married next year, are planning to spend the first years of their marriage in rural North Wales, instead of in a royal residence.
Reason: it will give the couple the privacy they will never know again, reports the Daily Mail.
They have already been living as man and wife for several months in a cottage near RAF Valley on Anglesey, where the Prince is currently serving a three-year stint as a search and rescue pilot, with Middleton often shuttling between the cottage and her parents’ home in Bucklebury, Berkshire.
They are currently staying in a rented whitewashed farmhouse for which William pays 750 pounds a month, and sources said there were no immediate plans to move.
The secluded property has stunning views of Snowdonia and access to a private beach.
The couple have been seen gunning along the quiet country lanes on William’s red and white 180mph Ducati superbike.
When in London, the couple will use an apartment at Clarence House.
After the Prince finishes his three-year stint with the RAF, he and Kate are expected to move into a six-bedroom house his father has had built at Harewood Park in Herefordshire.
Situated in prime countryside between Monmouth and Ross-on-Wye, the 900-acre estate was bought by the Duchy of Cornwall in 2000.
In line with his father’s green principles, William’s new home has been built with every eco-friendly mod con available, including a reed-bed sewage system, wood chip boiler, solar panels and walls lined with insulating sheep’s wool. (ANI)
- British PM to gift book to royal couple - Apr 28, 2011
- Wills-Kate to stay without butlers or servants after marriage - Dec 28, 2010
- Kate Middleton to spend 2 yrs learning her role to adjust to royal life - Apr 25, 2011
- Prince William, Kate Middleton spend Christmas apart - Dec 26, 2010
- Duchess of Cambridge takes up life as wife of an RAF pilot - May 04, 2011
- Prince William's girlfriend to see a lot less of him as duty calls - Sep 05, 2010
- Prince William avoids Royals for lunch with Kate Middleton's family - Apr 25, 2011
- Prince William is back at work just four days after marriage - May 04, 2011
- Kate Middleton Flashes Her Engagement Ring, Parents Congratulate Them - Nov 17, 2010
- Sheaf of paper in Kate Middleton's car contain her wedding vows? - Apr 28, 2011
- Kate is my rock, says Prince William - May 01, 2011
- Prince William to buy superbike - Nov 13, 2010
- Prince William reveals pre-wedding nerves - Apr 01, 2011
- Will-Kat postponed honeymoon 'weeks ago' following location speculation - May 02, 2011
- Housing colony named after Kate Middleton - Nov 27, 2011
Tags: acre estate, bucklebury, clarence house, daily mail, ducati superbike, duchy of cornwall, kate middleton, man and wife, north wales, prince william, prince william and kate, prince william and kate middleton, prince william kate middleton, quiet country lanes, raf valley, reed bed, rescue pilot, sewage system, william and kate, wood chip