No plan to kill or kidnap Rahul Bhatt: HeadleyMay 27th, 2011 - 2:57 am ICT by IANS
Chicago, May 27 (IANS) Self-confessed Pakistani-American terrorist David Headley Thursday denied that there was a plan to kill or kidnap Bollywood filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt’s son Rahul Bhatt.
But testifying before a Chicago court in the trial of his long time friend Pakistan-born Tahawwur Rana, Headley aka Daood Gilani admitted that he befriended Rahul Bhatt and even talked about taking him to Pakistan’s tribal areas for sight seeing.
Rahul Bhatt, whom he met at a gymnasium, told him that he wanted to break into movies, but his father was not helping him, Headley said. “So (I) befriended him, so that they can get to bigger picture.”
When Rana’s attorney Charles Swift suggested that there was a plan to kill or kidnap him, Headley disagreed saying, “We do not invite guests and kidnap them.”
Nothing would have happened to him (Bhatt) because Pakistan-based terror group Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), blamed for the Mumbai attacks, does not believe in kidnappings, he said.
Headley said he was told during training that he shouldn’t get close to people emotionally. “As a matter of creed you should not think of him as your friend,” he was told.
- Violated ISI, LeT spy code to share secrets with Rana: Headley - May 27, 2011
- Rana a mere pawn in Headley's hands: Defence lawyers - May 26, 2011
- Headley looked for a safe landing site for LeT (Third Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Rana praised Mumbai attacks as 'brilliantly' done: Headley - May 26, 2011
- Headley identified Somnath temple, Bollywood as targets (Second Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Pakistan's role in Mumbai attack may come out in Rana trial (Third Lead) - May 24, 2011
- Prosecution rests in Mumbai terror trial - Jun 06, 2011
- Rana praised LeT handler for 'brilliantly' done Mumbai attack: Headley (Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Headley, Rana were in direct touch with ISI handlers (Lead) - May 24, 2011
- Headley told wife he 'made a fool' of Rana - Jun 01, 2011
- Headley's ISI handler used cell phone with US number - May 27, 2011
- Rana trial jury yet to reach verdict - Jun 09, 2011
- Headley no longer proud of Mumbai attack - May 27, 2011
- US may give India access to Headley again - Jun 11, 2011
- Rana's lawyers question Headley's credibility (Second Lead) - May 26, 2011