No one will be allowed to impose martial law in Pak: AitzazNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:04 am ICT by admin
The Daily Times quoted him as saying that such statements were being made just to scare people.
Addressing members of the Rawalpindi District Bar Association (RDBA), Ahsan said that after restoration of Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry on July 12, people were expecting that real democracy would also be restored in the country, but that did not happen.
“Judges in Pakistan consider themselves government servants. They fear to come to the streets to resist the government,” he said, adding that judiciary in the United Kingdom was freed when Chief Justice Edward Coke had repeatedly given decisions against the despotic monarch.
Ahsan went on to say that the recent SCBA elections were an eye-opener for the judiciary, Musharraf, the army, and others, who were collaborating with the foreign powers. (ANI)
- Musharraf 'shedding crocodile tears', says ex- Pak SCBA chief - Sep 19, 2009
- Musharraf to return to Pak to join unified Muslim League, not for presidency: Pir Pagara - Sep 23, 2010
- Aitzaz Ahsan decides to resign as Supreme Court Bar Association president - Apr 09, 2008
- Musharraf aide seeks FIR against Bugti over 'billion rupee bounty on his head' bid - Oct 26, 2010
- Gilani's appeal in contempt case rejected by apex court - Feb 10, 2012
- Chaudhry is Pakistan's 'constitutional' chief justice: SCBA president - Oct 29, 2008
- Asma Jahangir says Pakistan's judiciary not independent as yet - Feb 11, 2011
- Former SCBA president offers to buy Musharraf return ticket to face music back home - Oct 30, 2009
- Musharraf cronies, PPP backing Asma to beat Pak CJ loyalists in SCBA polls - Oct 27, 2010
- Zardari, Gilani, Musharraf felicitate Asma on winning SCBA presidential election - Oct 28, 2010
- Pir Pagara distances himself from Musharraf - Oct 08, 2010
- Article 248 provides Pak president special immunity against court cases - Nov 06, 2009
- Gilani gets lawyer in contempt case (Evening Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Contempt of court: Gilani set to appear before apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- Pak political parties ridicule "coward" Musharraf's decision to rejoin politics - Sep 12, 2010
Tags: afgan, ahsan, become president, chief justice of pakistan, cjp, despotic, edward coke, eye opener, federal ministers, general pervez musharraf, government servants, judiciary, martial law, rawalpindi district, scba, sheikh rashid, sher