No one will be allowed to harm Pakistan’s nuclear capability: AzizNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:56 am ICT by admin
The services of disgraced nuclear scientist Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan were unforgettable and he would never be handed over to any other country, Aziz said.
Pakistan is the only nuclear Islamic state and every citizen should be proud of this feat as it ensures national security, sovereignty and progress, he said while addressing a launching ceremony for the new Bhambore Express train.
Aziz said the Pakistan of today and tomorrow was not the Pakistan of yesterday.
Over the past eight years the government had implemented broad-based multi-sectoral reforms, which had effectively repositioned the country, he added.
He said the present government’s policies had provided good governance by maintaining transparency and empowering people from the grassroots to the national level.
As a result of these reforms, Pakistan has become an anchor for peace and stability in the region, he said, adding that it was now in a better position to leverage its assets to promote national interests, the Daily Times quoted him, as saying. (ANI)
- Former Pak army chief claims nuclear scientist AQ Khan is "next target of US agents" - Feb 26, 2011
- Pakistan court seeks Musharraf for Bugti killing - Nov 01, 2011
- Even 1000 terrorists wont be able to gain control over Pak nukes : A Q Khan - May 29, 2010
- Musharraf's wanted to hand over AQ Khan to US: Jamali - Sep 18, 2010
- No structured Manmohan-Gilani meeting: Pakistan envoy - Mar 25, 2012
- Pakistani court orders A.Q. Khan's medical examination - Feb 09, 2010
- Pakistan's n-programme running without break: A.Q. Khan - May 29, 2011
- Court lifts restrictions on A.Q. Khan - May 28, 2010
- Jinnah's vision made Pakistan nuclear power: AQ Khan - Dec 26, 2010
- 'Bush didn't oppose AQ Khan's release to keep Pak interested in war on terror' - Dec 02, 2010
- Pakistan's elite behave like foreign agents: A.Q. Khan - Aug 13, 2012
- US opposed A.Q. Khan release in private - Dec 01, 2010
- 'Responsible' Pak needs nukes as deterrent against India: Gilani - Apr 13, 2010
- Ex-PM Aziz not to join Musharraf's party, says 'politics not for everyone' - Jun 10, 2010
- A.Q.Khan's security demands curbs on his movements - Jun 08, 2011
Tags: abdul qadeer khan, dr abdul qadeer khan, empowering, express train, good governance, grassroots, islamic state, launching ceremony, leverage, national interests, national pride, nuclear capability, nuclear scientist, nuclear scientists, pakistan, peace and stability, present government, sectoral, sovereignty, today and tomorrow