No discussion on Mumbai attack in cabinet meet

December 4th, 2008 - 3:40 pm ICT by IANS  

New Delhi, Dec 4 (IANS) The Indian cabinet which met here Thursday did not discuss the terrorist attacks in Mumbai, Science and Technology Minister Kapil Sibal said.Nor was there any discussion on Pakistan’s refusal to hand over 20 “most wanted” fugitives sought by India, Sibal told reporters.

He was speaking after a cabinet meeting presided over by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. It was the second cabinet meeting after the Mumbai attacks that began Nov 26 and left 172 people dead.

Responding to a question, Sibal said there was no discussion on a special package to ramp up security in the wake of the Mumbai attacks.

Asked whether the proposal to create a Federal Investigative Agency (FIA) had been taken forward, Sibal replied: “The home minister is seized of the matter. Security is a matter of great national concern. The government wants to ensure that the future of our citizens is not jeopardized.”

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in World |