No birthday cake for 3yr-old Adolf Hitler!December 17th, 2008 - 5:19 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 17 (ANI): A couple from New Jersey, who wanted to get a birthday cake for their 3-year-old son, were told by a store that it would not inscribe on it the kids name, Adolf Hitler.
Deborah Campbell and her husband Heath Campbell were furious over the refusal of the ShopRite at a supermarket in Greenwich, New Jersey, to put in Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler on the cake.
When the 25-year-old mother called up and told the bakery department she wanted her son’’s name spelled out, she was told to talk to a supervisor, who denied the request.
A spokeswoman for the store, Karen Meleta, said that they considered Campbells request inappropriate.
The couple are now upset with not only the stores decision but also with the outpouring of angry Internet postings in response to a local newspaper article over the weekend on their flare-up over frosting.
I think people need to take their heads out of the cloud they”ve been in and start focusing on the future and not on the past, CBS News quoted Heath Campbell as saying telling the Easton Express-Times during an interview.
There’’s a new president and he says it’’s time for a change; well, then it’’s time for a change.
They need to accept a name. A name’’s a name. The kid isn”t going to grow up and do what (Hitler) did, he added.
The Campbells” other two children also have unusual names: JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell turns 2 in a few months and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell will be one in April.
Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name, and also because no one else in the world would have that name.
He sounded surprised by all the controversy the dispute had generated. (ANI)
- Heath & Deborah Campbell: Nazi naming parents of kids don't get their custody - Aug 07, 2010
- Child named Adolf Hitler taken away from parents - Jan 14, 2009
- Parents of Nazi-theme named children denied custody due to abuse - Aug 06, 2010
- Baby Hitler parents' lose custody of all their children - Oct 28, 2011
- US couple denied custody of Nazi-named kids - Aug 06, 2010
- 3yr-old Adolf Hitlers mum breaks court-ordered silence to deny abuse - Jan 22, 2009
- Pennsylvania high school under fire over Hitler quote in yearbook - Aug 27, 2010
- What's in the name Hitler? - Sep 05, 2012
- Rare Hitler colour photos found - Jan 12, 2012
- My name is being used for publicity: Anupam Kher - Jul 20, 2011
- Wanting to fight Nazis, Hitler's nephew wrote to Roosevelt - Aug 02, 2012
- Hitler had a love child, says war soldier's diary - Mar 15, 2012
- Easton Area High School Yearbook Features Quote By Adolf Hitler - Aug 27, 2010
- DNA Reveals Nazi Leader Adolf Hitler Possibly of Jewish & African Decent - Aug 24, 2010
- Hitler stole Beetle idea from Jewish engineer: Book - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: adolf hitler, bakery, birthday cake, cbs news, deborah campbell, easton express times, flare, frosting, greenwich new jersey, heath campbell, internet postings, jeannie, kids name, meleta, new president, newspaper article, old mother, outpouring, shoprite, unusual names