No alcohol allowed at Britney’s tour venueJune 6th, 2009 - 12:38 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 6 (IANS) Guests at Britney Spears London performances were fuming after the pop star’s father banned alcohol in any area that she may pass through.
Instead of the usual glasses of chilled beer, ticket holders were being handed bottles of water in a bid to keep the singer away from booze while on tour, reported thesun.co.uk.
“Following her problems with alcohol, Britney had requested that everywhere backstage is alcohol free,” said a source.
“Her family is monitoring the situation very carefully and we’ve been made to sign contracts promising not to drink or allow any of the VIP guests to have alcohol in any of the backstage areas that Britney could use,” added the source.
However, the guests weren’t impressed with the decision.
“Although I respect Britney’s wishes, I was desperate for a drink myself. It certainly put a dampener on the night,” said a ticket holder.
- Britney's dad bans backstage booze during UK gigs - Jun 06, 2009
- Fan makes fun of Keating - Jun 27, 2012
- Drake dating Ora? - Apr 29, 2012
- Britney Spears takes up golf - May 22, 2012
- Rihanna parties till dawn, gives crew sleepless nights - Jul 19, 2012
- No hot dogs, pizza for Britney - Apr 24, 2011
- British firm brews world's strongest beer - Jul 23, 2010
- Anarkali, shaken not stirred - cocktail wisdom (With Image) (IANS Books) - May 20, 2011
- Britney loves Marmite - Oct 26, 2011
- Binge drinking 'can increase pancreatic cancer risk' - May 20, 2010
- Dutch brewer beats Scottish company to claim world's strongest beer title - Jul 30, 2010
- Spears keen on another child - Aug 31, 2011
- Booze now cheaper than water in Kiwiland! - Oct 15, 2010
- No hot dogs, pizza and ice cream for Britney Spears' tour crew - Apr 24, 2011
- Wills-Kat slap 'ban on beer' for their royal wedding reception - Apr 23, 2011