No action against Pak IB chief: Rashid QureshiNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:43 am ICT by admin
Asif Ali Zardari, Benazir Bhutto’s husband, named Shah as one of the masterminds of the Karachi blasts.
“Shah is a competent intelligence officer, who made the IB one of the best and efficient organisations. He has played a major role in the war against terrorism and helped in catching top terrorists,” Qureshi maintained.
“Some quarters are creating doubts about him through this media campaign, but no one has solid proof against him of allegedly plotting the said tragic incident when former premier Bhutto was arriving from her over eight years of self-exile,” he added.
Besides police, the other intelligence agencies are also investigating the incident of bomb blasts and the joint investigating teams are forwarding the investigation process, keeping in view all the aspects of the incident.
Qureshi said that Musharraf has not yet received the initial investigation report about the last week Karachi carnage.
“However, Musharraf has directed the investigators to furnish him with the report about the Karachi blast as soon as possible. Musharraf did not give the timeframe of 48 hours to present him the report,” he stated.
The Nation quoted him as saying that investigators were informing Musharraf from time to time on the progress regarding the tragic Karachi incident.
The blast took lives of 139 and injured more than 540 innocent people. (ANI)
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf (Second Lead) - Feb 12, 2011
- Benazir Bhutto murder: Musharraf sent questionnaire (Lead) - Dec 24, 2010
- Musharraf sent questionnaire on Benazir Bhutto murder - Dec 24, 2010
- Ex-Pak Military Intelligence DG in dock for many crimes - Apr 26, 2010
- Pak military forced govt. to record protest with UN on Benazir murder report - Dec 25, 2010
- Musharraf knew of plot to kill Benazir, reveals probe - Feb 10, 2011
- Action against Ex ISI, IB, police officials following UN report on Bhutto's assassination - Apr 19, 2010
- Non-bailable warrant for Musharraf in Bugti assassination case - Aug 16, 2012
- Musharraf and his men behind Bhutto killing: Pakistani scribe - Feb 17, 2011
- Benazir was promised she would be PM: Forensic report - Feb 09, 2011
- Benazir murder probe: Pak yet to act against indicted bigwigs - Apr 24, 2010
- Pakistan court declares Musharraf 'proclaimed offender' - May 30, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf - Feb 12, 2011
- Pakistani court orders confiscation of Musharraf's assets - Aug 28, 2011
- Action against Musharraf in Benazir case after 'concrete' evidence is found: Malik - Apr 20, 2010
Tags: asif ali zardari, benazir bhutto, bomb blasts, carnage, initial investigation, intelligence agencies, intelligence officer, investigation process, investigation report, investigators, karachi, masterminds, media campaign, musharraf, qureshi, tragic incident