No action against Pak IB chief: Rashid Qureshi

November 14th, 2007 - 2:43 am ICT by admin  
He termed it as a “calculated campaign”, and added that media reports about the October 18 carnage, was mere speculation.

Asif Ali Zardari, Benazir Bhutto’s husband, named Shah as one of the masterminds of the Karachi blasts.

“Shah is a competent intelligence officer, who made the IB one of the best and efficient organisations. He has played a major role in the war against terrorism and helped in catching top terrorists,” Qureshi maintained.

“Some quarters are creating doubts about him through this media campaign, but no one has solid proof against him of allegedly plotting the said tragic incident when former premier Bhutto was arriving from her over eight years of self-exile,” he added.

Besides police, the other intelligence agencies are also investigating the incident of bomb blasts and the joint investigating teams are forwarding the investigation process, keeping in view all the aspects of the incident.

Qureshi said that Musharraf has not yet received the initial investigation report about the last week Karachi carnage.

“However, Musharraf has directed the investigators to furnish him with the report about the Karachi blast as soon as possible. Musharraf did not give the timeframe of 48 hours to present him the report,” he stated.

The Nation quoted him as saying that investigators were informing Musharraf from time to time on the progress regarding the tragic Karachi incident.

The blast took lives of 139 and injured more than 540 innocent people. (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in World |