Nityananda should have had only one partner: Ravi ShankarApril 26th, 2010 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
New York, April 26 (IANS) Disgraced self-styled godman Swami Nityananda violated the rules of tantra by “using so many people for one’s pleasure”, Art of Living Foundation head Sri Sri Ravi Shankar said Monday.
A Foundation statement quoted him as saying in Cincinnati in the US that Swami Nityananda, now in custody, “has violated UNAIDS guidelines as well as the rules of tantra.
“Only a house holder is entitled for tantric sex. Claiming to be a monk and using so many people for one’s pleasure is unpardonable,” Ravi Shankar said.
“He should have had one partner and announced himself as a tantric guru. It has caused damage to the faith of people in the institution and traumatised many.”
Several criminal cases relating to obscenity, criminal intimidation, rape and hurting religious sentiments have been slapped against the 32-year-old Swami Nityananda.
Now in police custody in Karnataka, he was on the run since March 3 after television channels showed footage of him in bed with two women.
- Nityananda bound devotees with non-disclosure agreements - Apr 23, 2010
- Controversial guru Nityananda granted bail - Jun 15, 2012
- Tainted godman Nityananda freed on bail (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Controversial guru Nityananda sent to day's judicial custody (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Two more days police custody for Nityananda - Apr 26, 2010
- Chargesheet filed against godman Nityananada - Nov 29, 2010
- Nityananda brought to Bangalore - Apr 22, 2010
- Sex tainted godman's bail plea rejected - May 06, 2010
- Nityananda held in Himachal, to be flown to Bangalore Thursday (Fifth Lead) - Apr 22, 2010
- Nityananda held in Himachal, to be flown to Bangalore Thursday (Fourth Lead) - Apr 21, 2010
- Nityananda on way to Bangalore via Chandigarh - Apr 22, 2010
- Ex-driver claims threat to life from Nityananda - Dec 09, 2010
- Controversial guru Nityananda gets bail - Jun 14, 2012
- Karnataka High Court grants bail to Swami Nityananda - Jun 11, 2010
- Swami Nityananda performs self-purification rite - Jun 13, 2010
Tags: art of living foundation, cincinnati, criminal intimidation, foundation statement, guru, karnataka, monk, obscenity, police custody, rape, ravi shankar, religious sentiments, sri ravi shankar, sri sri ravi, sri sri ravi shankar, swami, tantra, television channels, two women, unaids