Nirvana band member regrets failure to save CobainMarch 13th, 2009 - 6:07 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 13 (IANS) Legendary alternative rock band Nirvana’s bassist Krist Novoselic regrets that he was not able to prevent the band frontman Kurt Cobain from committing suicide.
Novoselic warned Cobain to steer clear of heroin before the lead singer committed suicide in April 1994, thesun.co.uk reports.
“There are regrets. I was angry. You know it was the f***ing drugs. Kurt called me the first time he did heroin and he told me he did it. And I told him, ‘Don’t do it, man. You’re playing with dynamite’,” Novoselic recalled.
“I made my feelings known very early on. And I was outspoken about a few things, and if that was advice… it wasn’t heeded. And in a lot of ways, I was saying things that weren’t very welcome, so that strained things with the relationship,” he added.
- Kurt Cobain was warned off heroin abuse by Nirvana bassist - Mar 13, 2009
- Jon Stewart all set to interview Nirvana's surviving members - Aug 26, 2011
- Dave Grohl-Krist Novoselic Join Forces Once Again - Oct 30, 2010
- Dave Grohl And Krist Novoselic Reunites For "Foo Fighters" - Oct 30, 2010
- Nirvana exhibit to open in Seattle - Oct 18, 2010
- Courtney Love feels Kurt Cobain would've enjoyed Guitar Hero video game - Jan 30, 2010
- Jon Bon Jovi disapproves use of Kurt Cobain's image in Guitar Hero video game - Sep 18, 2009
- Love dreams of marrying rich man - Oct 17, 2011
- Courtney Love wishes daughter happy birthday on Twitter - Aug 20, 2010
- Courtney Love 'wanted to snort dead husband Kurt Cobain's ashes' - Mar 16, 2011
- Courtney Love dumped by boyfriend - Jun 29, 2011
- Courtney Love offered $162 million for Nirvana's rights - May 26, 2010
- We were too poor to buy shoes: Courtney Love - Feb 07, 2010
- I am Lazy: Noel Gallagher - Aug 01, 2011
- Courtney Love reforms her band - Oct 16, 2009
Tags: alternative rock band, band member, band nirvana, bassist, committing suicide, drugs, failure, feelings, heroin, ing, kurt cobain, lead singer, london march, nirvana band, playing with dynamite, relationship, saying things, thesun