Nine-year-old on trial for late mom’s debtApril 3rd, 2012 - 9:08 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, April 3 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A nine-year-old boy from Moscow is facing trial over a debt of 561,000 rubles (around $19,000) that he inherited from his late mother.
A spokeswoman for Moscow’s Tverskoi Court said the court received a lawsuit from a man named Panikorovsky who was seeking to collect from the boy the money owed under a loan made to his mother.
She said the boy is the defendant since he inherited his mother’s assets and her debts.
“There is nothing illegal in such a lawsuit,” she said, adding that the boy will be represented in court by his official guardian.
- Nine-year-old on trial for late mom's debt - Apr 03, 2012
- Russian court clears minor from repaying mum's debt - May 11, 2012
- Pensioners sue Moscow authorities over summer smog - Sep 30, 2010
- Stalin's grandson files libel suit against Russian parliament - Nov 22, 2011
- Couple held for selling newborn in Moscow - May 09, 2012
- Russian army officer convicted for shooting guard dogs - May 17, 2012
- Thieves in Moscow replace $700,000 with fakes - Dec 27, 2011
- Russia to raise liquor, cigarette tax - Apr 29, 2012
- Man vandalises Siberian nursery school - Apr 09, 2012
- Russia to sell silver, diamonds worth over $300 mn - Feb 22, 2012
- Russian cop fined 200 times the bribe taken - Feb 02, 2012
- Two killed in mass brawl in Russia - Apr 23, 2012
- Stalin grandson sues Moscow radio station - Mar 25, 2011
- Russian court declines returning seized money during raids - Sep 11, 2012
- Russian apex court rejects man's claim to Vatican - Aug 09, 2012