Nine Pak Air Force officials killed in Sargodha suicide attackNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:14 am ICT by admin
“Eight air force officials died in the terrorist attack,” Cheema said, and around 40 were wounded.
“It was a suicide attack and the target was the bus which was carrying the air force officials,” Chief Military Spokesman Major General Waheed Arshad said.
The injured have been shifted to hospital where 21 of the injured are in critical condition.
Sources said that the head of the suicide attacker was found at the site of the attack.
Sargodha is home to the largest air force base in Pakistan, The News reported. (ANI)
- Damascus bombings toll rises to 55 (Second Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Iran rejects Israeli accusations over Bulgaria blast - Jul 19, 2012
- Twin attacks kill 10 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Attack on US airbase in Afghanistan kills two - Mar 06, 2012
- 22 killed in Afghan suicide bombing - Jun 06, 2012
- Blasts rock Kabul, Taliban target US embassy - Sep 13, 2011
- 12 killed in Baghdad bombings - Jul 31, 2012
- Suicide bombers attack Kabul shortly after Obama's visit - May 03, 2012
- Top ISI official provided content for Benazir murder press conference - Mar 15, 2011
- 13 killed, 74 injured in series of blasts in Baghdad - May 22, 2011
- 12 killed in Kabul attack (Lead) - Jun 18, 2011
- 13 US soldiers die in Kabul bombing - Oct 29, 2011
- 11 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan - Sep 09, 2012
- Suicide bomber kills 55 at Shiite shrine in Kabul - Dec 07, 2011
- 40 die in Damascus suicide bombings (Lead) - May 10, 2012
Tags: air force base, air force officials, arshad, attacker, brigadier, cheema, critical condition, interior ministry, javed, military spokesman, ministry spokesman, punjab province, sargodha district, suicide attack, suicide bomber, target, terrorist attack