Nine killed in South Korean fireMay 6th, 2012 - 12:07 pm ICT by IANS
Seoul, May 6 (IANS) At least nine people, including three Sri Lankans, were killed and 25 injured when a fire broke out in a karaoke bar in a South Korean city, said authorities Sunday.
According to the police, the incident occurred Saturday evening in the port city of Busan where fire broke out in the karaoke bar located on the third floor of a six-storey building in the downtown city. Heavy smoke immediately engulfed the entire floor, Xinhua reported.
Dozens of people rushed to the top of the building and were rescued. However, nine people were killed as they failed to escape the fire.
Authorities suspect a gas explosion may have caused the fire. A probe is being conducted to know the cause of the fire.
- 13 killed in Karachi factory fire - Sep 12, 2012
- 14 rescued from Mumbai building fire (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- 45 killed in factory fires in Pakistan (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Karachi factory had several emergency exits, all locked - Sep 13, 2012
- Five killed in Turkey building fire - Jan 23, 2012
- 10 die in South Korea hospital fire - Nov 12, 2010
- Mantralaya fire toll rises to five (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- 15 die in China factory fire - Aug 23, 2011
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Fire in central Delhi building, no casualty (Second Lead) - May 23, 2012
- 42 killed in Shanghai high-rise blaze (Lead) - Nov 15, 2010
- Nine killed in China fire - Dec 14, 2010
- 135 die as flames engulf two factories in Pakistan (Third Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Two jump to death off burning building - Nov 12, 2011
- Huge fire in Hyderabad cracker shop - Oct 04, 2010