Nine killed in Chinese factory blastFebruary 28th, 2012 - 1:36 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Feb 28 (IANS) Nine people were killed in an explosion in a chemical plant in north China’s Hebei province Tuesday, police said.
The accident happened at about 9 a.m. at Kaer Chemical Plant in Zhaoxian county, said Cheng Weiqing, an official.
The blast flattened one of the factory’s workshops and broke window panes within a radius of 2,000 meters, Cheng quoted witnesses as saying.
More than forty injured people were hospitalized, said Cheng.
Tremors were felt in at least three villages near the plant, Xinhua reported.
- 13 killed in China factory blast (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Blast at illegal fireworks workshop in northern China kills 5 - Sep 17, 2012
- Blast at southwest China fireworks factory kills at least six - Aug 22, 2010
- 13 die in China fireworks factory blast - Aug 17, 2010
- Twenty dead, more than 150 injured after fireworks factory explodes in northeast China - Aug 17, 2010
- Death toll in China's fireworks factory explosion rises to 19 - Aug 17, 2010
- Chinese police arrests six suspects, 41 others in melamine milk scandal - Aug 21, 2010
- Seven killed in China illegal mining accident - Jan 15, 2012
- Explosives-laden truck explodes at Chinese cement factory, 9 dead - Aug 28, 2012
- Six arrested in fresh melamine milk scandal in China - Aug 21, 2010
- 100 die in Pakistan as two factories go up in flames (Second Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Robbery attempt at imperial cemetery - Oct 25, 2011
- 135 die as flames engulf two factories in Pakistan (Third Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- China factory blast toll rises to 19 - Feb 25, 2010
- Four die in China chemical plant blast - Nov 21, 2010