Nine killed in Brazil bus accidentDecember 31st, 2008 - 6:37 am ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, Dec 31 (IANS) Nine people were killed and 22 others injured when a passenger bus veered off the road and fell into a river in southwestern Brazil, EFE reported Tuesday.Three other people were missing after the accident in Alem Paraiba town, the report said.
Heavy shower caused the driver to lose control of the vehicle on a curve, it said.
There were 34 people on board the bus at the time of the accident.
The authorities have started an investigation into the incident.
- 25 die in Brazil accident - Mar 06, 2011
- 22 die in Brazil road accident - Mar 05, 2011
- Latin America's largest garbage dump closes in Brazil - Jun 04, 2012
- 28 dead, 10 injured in bus accident in southern Bolivia - Jun 28, 2011
- 9 killed in two road accidents in Jammu region - Mar 24, 2012
- 61 hurt in Brazil train accident - Apr 17, 2010
- 12 Children killed in bus-truck crash in Brazil - Feb 02, 2010
- Mom, child die as drunk driver rams vehicle into house - Aug 03, 2010
- Twenty injured in Kashmir road accident - Feb 27, 2012
- Five die in Brazil when elevator crashes - Apr 22, 2012
- Search resumes for missing as toll hits 102 in Brazil rains - Apr 08, 2010
- 16 killed as power line falls during Brazil carnival - Mar 01, 2011
- Two dead, six missing as bus falls in river in Bengal (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- At least 21 killed in Zimbabwe bus accident - Apr 17, 2012
- 95 dead in road accidents during Brazil carnival - Mar 07, 2011