Nine killed, 21 injured in IraqAugust 8th, 2011 - 2:44 am ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Aug 8 (IANS) Nine people were killed and 21 wounded in separate bomb and gunfire attacks in Iraq’s eastern and central regions Sunday, Xinhua reported.
In Iraq’s eastern province of Diyala, an Iraqi soldier was shot dead in front of his house in Khalis town by gunmen near the provincial capital city of Baquba, some 65 km northeast of Baghdad, a source said on condition of anonymity.
In another incident, five people were wounded in two bomb attacks in Baquba, the source said.
Earlier in the day, the Iraqi police reported killing of six people of a family and injuring of 14 others in the early hours of the day when some gunmen blew up bombs planted in a house in a town, about 50 km south of Baghdad.
The dead included women and children.
Earlier in the day, a leader and his son were killed while two women of their family were injured in a similar bomb attack in Abu Ghraib area, some 20 km west of Baghdad, said a police source.
- 6 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 25, 2012
- Three killed, nine injured in Iraq - Apr 30, 2012
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- Five Iraqi soldiers killed in separate attacks - Sep 05, 2012
- 2 killed, 16 injured in attacks in Iraq - Nov 13, 2011
- 52 killed in series of attacks across Iraq - Sep 09, 2012
- Five killed in Iraq violence - May 24, 2012
- 17 killed in two Iraq attacks - Dec 01, 2011
- Eight killed in Iraq violence - Aug 16, 2011
- 30 wounded in Iraq bombings - Sep 09, 2012
- Seven killed in Iraq violence - Aug 08, 2012
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- 13 killed in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Iraq official survives bomb attack - Apr 22, 2012
Tags: abu ghraib, anonymity, bomb attack, bomb attacks, bombs, central regions, eastern province, gunfire, gunmen, iraq baghdad, iraqi police, iraqi soldier, police source, provincial capital, two women, xinhua