Nine jailed for hacking in ChinaDecember 17th, 2011 - 3:58 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Dec 17 (IANS) Nine people have been jailed for hacking and illegally acquiring online games accounts in China, Xinhua reported Saturday.
Zhao and Yan, were jailed three years- and- eight months and two-and-half-years respectively for hacking online games accounts and selling them to new users by the Xiaguan District People’s Court in eastern China’s Jiangsu province.
Seven others who bought hacked accounts from them were given jail terms ranging from one to four years. Zhao and Yan earned thousands of yuan by selling these accounts.
- Teenaged hacker jailed in China - May 04, 2012
- China's e-commerce giant hives off reward points service - Dec 20, 2011
- China busts gang for selling gutter oil - May 05, 2012
- Man jailed for online gambling in China - Jul 22, 2010
- $5 bn subsidy for Chinese rural households - Jul 14, 2012
- Chinese hackers who built illegal games arrested - May 18, 2011
- Chinese police hunt for suspect in armed robbery - Jan 06, 2012
- Bank of China's Olympic dolls lose their glitter - Sep 02, 2011
- Man jailed for copying 10,000 novels - Dec 22, 2011
- Nine jailed for selling rotten ducks in China - Nov 10, 2011
- Five killed in China building collapse - Mar 20, 2012
- Internet fraud rife among Chinese - Jul 26, 2011
- Typhoon Damrey slams China - Aug 03, 2012
- Concern over overworked online Chinese shopkeeper's death - Jul 27, 2012
- China's Wal-Mart stores closed over pork fraud - Oct 10, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,