Nikki Haley publishing her memoirJuly 1st, 2011 - 11:11 am ICT by IANS
Washington, July 1 (IANS) South Carolina’s Indian-American Governor Nikki Haley is all set to publish her memoir just shy of her 40th birthday.
Her book, “Can’t is Not an Option”, is expected to hit shelves in January 2012 and will be published by Sentinel, a conservative imprint within Penguin Group.
Born Nimrata Nikki Randhawa to Sikh immigrant parents Jan 20, 1972, Haley is America’s youngest governor.
In March, Haley, 39, said in a published interview that in her memoir “she would cover everything from growing up in rural South Carolina to her contentious 2010 campaign, when she faced - and denied - allegations of infidelity”.
Though the Republican governor says she’s not seeking higher office, her literary agent Robert Barnett’s past clients include Presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton.
Haley’s new book will give the first-term Republican a chance to reveal behind-the-scenes details of her once unlikely election as South Carolina’s chief executive, how she handled the state’s rough-and-tumble politics and her life as a first-generation American, postandcourier.com said.
“A lot of people wanted to know what happened in the campaign,” she was quoted as telling The Post and Courier in April.
During the primary season, Haley, a married mother of two, also shouldered accusations of marital infidelity.
Haley told the Post in April that people told her they wanted to know more about the impact those accusations had on her family.
“They just wanted to know how we won,” she said then. “When things got really tough, how did I handle it?”
The book also is expected to cover Haley’s vision for the country and the Republican Party, according to her publishing house.
Sentinel President and Publisher Adrian Zackheim called Haley an “all-American success story” and “a rising star in national politics”.
(Arun Kumar can be contacted at email@example.com)
- Nikki Haley says no to Veep - Aug 19, 2011
- Indian-American Nikki Haley set to become South Carolina governor - Jan 12, 2011
- Nikki slams Obama as Romney clinches nomination - Aug 29, 2012
- Will you give more tip to Sikh drivers, Nikki Haley asked - Apr 10, 2012
- Nikki Haley skips White House dinner to meet friends - Feb 28, 2012
- South Carolina want to partner with India: Nikki Haley - Mar 02, 2012
- Will Nikki Haley pay for backing Mitt Romney? - Dec 17, 2011
- Indian-American Nikki Haley is South Carolina governor (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Nikki Haley spreads welcome mat for Indian companies - Mar 07, 2012
- Nikki Haley hit by Time, Twitter (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Nikki Haley becomes first Indian-American woman governor (Lead) - Nov 03, 2010
- Nikki Haley, daughter of Sikh parents, is South Carolina's first woman governor (Night Lead) - Nov 03, 2010
- Indian-American Nikki Haley South Carolina's first woman governor (Second Lead) - Nov 03, 2010
- Indian-American Nikki Haley wins Republican nomination in South Carolina - Jun 23, 2010
- I know what people want: governor elect Nikki Haley - Nov 04, 2010
Tags: 40th birthday, american governor, american success story, arun kumar, barack obama, george w bush, immigrant parents, literary agent, marital infidelity, memoir, national politics, post and courier, postandcourier, publishing house, randhawa, republican governor, rising star, robert barnett, rough and tumble, s vision