News Corp launches iPad only newspaperFebruary 3rd, 2011 - 5:29 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Feb 3(ANI): Australian-American media magnate Rupert Murdoch has launched News Corp’s latest online venture, a digital newspaper for the Apple iPad called ‘The Daily’.
Murdoch hopes that it would be an “indispensable source of news” in the tablet era.
“Our target audience is the 15 million Americans expected to own iPads in the next year,” the BBC quoted Murdoch, as saying.
“In the tablet-era there is room for a fresh and robust new voice. New times demand new journalism,” he added.
He also promised that The Daily would combine the best of contemporary technology with “shoe leather reporting, good editing and a sceptical eye”.
The Daily will cost 99 cents a week, and will be sold exclusively via Apple’s iTunes store. The newspaper will initially only be available in the US.
Earlier, in November last year, Virgin tycoon Sir Richard Branson had launched his own iPad publication, called ‘Project’- a monthly magazine dedicated to style and culture.
Other paid-for apps for the iPad include Esquire, Glamour, GQ, the New Yorker, Vanity Fair and Wired. (ANI)
- iPad newspaper all set to launch soon - Jan 11, 2011
- News Corp to launch digital newspaper on the iPad - Jan 12, 2011
- 'The Daily', a newspaper for iPad - Feb 03, 2011
- News Corp To Launch iPad Only Newspaper - Jan 13, 2011
- News Corp to launch iPad newspaper - Jan 13, 2011
- Launch of iPad-Only paper delayed - Jan 29, 2011
- Richard Branson unveils digital mag for iPad - Dec 01, 2010
- News Corps' iPad Only Paper 'The Daily' Launches Wednesday - Jan 29, 2011
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- News Corp unveils first iPad daily news - Feb 03, 2011
- Chinese downloads 25 billionth app - Mar 06, 2012
- Apple's app store crosses 15 billion downloads - Jul 08, 2011
- Apple's new iPad today to kick off tablet war - Mar 02, 2011
- World's leading electronics fair opens in Berlin - Sep 04, 2011
- Started with borrowed money, Apple becomes world's No. 1 company - Aug 11, 2011
Tags: apple ipad, apps, bbc, contemporary technology, esquire, glamour, indispensable source, ipads, itunes, magnate rupert murdoch, new journalism, new voice, new yorker, news corp, shoe leather, sir richard branson, target audience, tycoon, vanity fair