Newcastle, Middlesbrough relegated from Premier LeagueMay 25th, 2009 - 3:15 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 25 (Xinhua) Newcastle United were relegated from English Premier League Sunday as they suffered a humiliating 1-0 defeat at Aston Villa.
Damien Duff’s own goal seven minutes before halftime sealed Newcastle’s fate on the final day of the season and meant Hull City escaped despite a 1-0 home defeat by champions Manchester United.
Middlesbrough were also relegated after a 2-1 defeat at West Ham United. Bottom club West Bromwich Albion were already down.
Hull survived with 35 points, one more than Newcastle. Middlesbrough ended on 32 points with West Brom also on 32.
- Chelsea's title hopes suffer another blow - Feb 08, 2009
- Liverpool back on top; West Brom keep survival hopes alive - May 10, 2009
- Liverpool move to top in Premier League - Apr 05, 2009
- Wigan strikes late to draw with Chelsea - Dec 18, 2011
- Manchester United win third straight Premier League title - May 17, 2009
- Manchester United prepare for road to history - Mar 03, 2009
- Chelsea thrash Wigan to lift Premier League title - May 10, 2010
- Manchester United maintain lead over Liverpool - Apr 12, 2009
- It's do or die for Liverpool - Feb 27, 2009
- Blackpool fans most loyal in Premier League: Survey - Sep 16, 2010
- Manchester United stay in hunt as Chelsea suffer setback - Dec 27, 2011
- United humbled, Liverpool stumble, City ditch Hughes - Dec 20, 2009
- Liverpool stay atop Premier League - Dec 27, 2008
- Man U has 'lost control' after troubled start to Premier League, fears Evra - Oct 16, 2010
- Drogba strikes to keep Chelsea dream alive - Mar 04, 2009