New Zealand win the toss, India to batMarch 8th, 2009 - 8:52 am ICT by IANS
Christchurch, March 6 (IANS) New Zealand’s stand-in captain Brendon McCullum won the toss and decided to put India in to bat in the third One-Day International (ODI) at the AMI Stadium here Sunday.
While India retained the side that played in the first two ODIs at Napier and Wellington, New Zealand are playing without their captain Daniel Vettori, who has flown to Auckland where wife Mary is due to give birth to the couple’s first child. He has been replaced by off-spinner Jeetan Patel. Medium-pacer Tim Southee returns to the side after missing the seecond ODI, replacing Iain O’Brien.
India lead the five-match series 1-0 having out played the hosts in the first match at Napier by 53 runs in a rain-curtailed 28-over game Tuesday. The second match was rained off Friday after India batted for 28.4 overs.
New Zealand are in a must-win situation as a loss for them here would mean India cannot lose the series.
India: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (captain and wicketkeeper), Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Yusuf Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Praveen Kumar, Munaf Patel. 12th man: Rohit Sharma.
New Zealand: Brendon McCullum (Captain), Jesse Ryder, Martin Guptill, Ross Taylor, Grant Elliott, Jacob Oram, Peter McGlashan (wicketkeeper), Kyle Mills, Tim Southee, Ian Butler and Jeetan Patel. 12th man: Neil Broom
Umpires: Rudi Koertzen and Gary Baxter. Third umpire: Evan Watkin.
Match referee: Ranjan Madugalle.
- New Zealand include seven rookies among World Cup probables - Dec 22, 2010
- New Zealand choose to bat against India - Aug 31, 2012
- India vs New Zealand: Scoreboard at tea, second Test, day three - Sep 02, 2012
- India opt to bowl against New Zealand in third ODI - Dec 04, 2010
- India wins toss, to bat against New Zealand - Nov 04, 2010
- India opt to bat against New Zealand - Aug 23, 2012
- Scoreboard: India vs. New Zealand, Second Test, Day Two - Sep 01, 2012
- Scoreboard: India vs New Zealand, second Test, day two - Sep 01, 2012
- India vs New Zealand: Scoreboard at tea - Sep 01, 2012
- India to make fresh start against New Zealand (Preview) - Aug 22, 2012
- India vs Kiwis: Scoreboard at lunch, second Test, day 3 - Sep 02, 2012
- Kiwis win toss, opt to bat in fifth ODI - Dec 10, 2010
- India vs New Zealand scoreboard, second Test, day three - Sep 02, 2012
- India vs New Zealand: Scoreboard at lunch, Second Test, Day Four - Sep 03, 2012
- New Zealand opt to bat against India - Nov 12, 2010
Tags: brendon mccullum, daniel vettori, gary baxter, gautam gambhir, jacob oram, kyle mills, mahendra singh dhoni, medium pacer, munaf patel, neil broom, praveen kumar, ross taylor, sachin tendulkar, suresh raina, virender sehwag, wellington new zealand, wicketkeeper, yusuf pathan, yuvraj singh, zaheer khan