New Zealand PM Key nervous to face WarneMarch 9th, 2011 - 3:28 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington, Mar.9 (ANI): New Zealand Prime Minister John Key claims that he will be nervous while facing legendary leg spinner Shane Warne in the ‘Fill the Basin for Christchurch’ charity Twenty20 cricket match at the Basin Reserve on Sunday.
Key said: “Given I’ve never played cricket I’d be nervous if he was one of the best bowlers in the world, but I’m sure it’ll be fine.”
Key will face Warne in a special over during the innings break in the event, a fundraiser for Christchurch earthquake victims, stuff.co.nz reports.
He said: “I watched a bit of You Tube on him bowling people, and he looks pretty good.”
Former New Zealand captain and match organizer Stephen Fleming said he was delighted that Key was taking part.
Fleming said: “This is becoming a very special event and the response from the players, celebrity match officials and the public has been tremendous.”
Key will be joining actors Russell Crowe (Canterbury Invitation 11 coach), James Nesbitt (Wellington Legends 11 coach), Sir Ian McKellen (match referee), and rugby players Richie McCaw and Conrad Smith among others supporting the match. (ANI)
- Warne offers chance to fans to face him during Christchurch earthquake fund-raiser - Mar 08, 2011
- Warne signs up for Christchurch earthquake fund-raiser - Mar 04, 2011
- Kiwi PM 'sledges' Shane Warne over Liz Hurley - Mar 14, 2011
- Air New Zealand's plane safety video features naked elderly woman - Aug 25, 2010
- Murali set to play domestic 20-20 cricket for Kiwi side Wellington - Apr 03, 2011
- Coach Fleming inks fresh three-year deal with Chennai Super Kings - Oct 29, 2010
- New Zealand win Rugby World Cup after 24 years - Oct 23, 2011
- Southee can become best swing bowler in world cricket within 12 months: Donald - Mar 27, 2011
- McKellen wants pantomime comeback - Aug 26, 2011
- Coach role holds no appeal for Fleming - Oct 17, 2010
- Stephen Fleming tipped to be next India cricket coach - Jan 16, 2011
- Shocked Black Caps send messages of support via Twitter to Christchurch victims - Feb 23, 2011
- Ian McKellen to reprise his role as wizard Gandalf in new Hobbit films - Jan 11, 2011
- Ian McKellen may quit 'The Hobbit' - Jul 06, 2010
- New Zealand cricketers asked to give views on next captain - Jun 13, 2011
Tags: basin reserve, bowlers, celebrity match, conrad smith, cricket match, earthquake victims, fundraiser, ian mckellen, innings break, james nesbitt, key claims, mccaw, prime minister john, rugby players, russell crowe, shane warne, sir ian mckellen, stephen fleming, stuff co nz, zealand captain