New Yorkers slam US leaders for spreading “propaganda” over “Ground Zero mosque”August 20th, 2010 - 6:33 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 20 (ANI): New Yorkers have slammed leaders in the United States for spreading propaganda about theGround Zero mosque, they said most “people who detached themselves from the city” are now “trying to create propaganda” over the issue.
“They got nothing to do with New York and they don’t care about New York, they are trying to create propaganda,” The Washington Post quoted Ali Mohammed from Brooklyn, as saying.
This is a point of consensus for New York’s entire body politic, from the center’s most vocal opponent to its most full-throated defender, the paper reports.
US Senator Peter King, a Republican who opposed the building of the mosque said that that the center would be insensitive to families of 9/ 11 survivors.
“First of all, this is real America, The people who detached themselves from New York are all of a sudden embracing New York,” King said, sarcastically using Palin’s phrase for the homeland.
Earlier, Former Governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin had opposed the “Ground Zero mosque” saying it is “too raw, too real.”
Meanwhile, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who led New Yorkers during the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks, spoke out against the proposed mosque, describing it as “divisive”.
“It’s a local matter, people just need things to talk about,” said Raheel Sida, a 28-year-old from Queens who works in the financial industry. (ANI)
- Former NY mayor slams Ground Zero Imam for his "threat" speeches - Sep 13, 2010
- Palin says building mosque near Ground Zero is 'unnecessary provocation' - Jul 19, 2010
- New Yorkers say Ground Zero mosque inappropriate - Sep 24, 2010
- Ground Zero mosque overshadows 9/11 anniversary - Sep 07, 2010
- Nancy Pelosi Endorses The Scrutiny Of The Opponents Of The Controversial 'Ground Zero' Mosque - Aug 18, 2010
- Developer of mosque near Ground Zero may build center elsewhere - Aug 13, 2010
- New York Governor Paterson to meet with 'Ground Zero mosque' developers to discuss possible relocation - Aug 18, 2010
- Most New Yorkers still opposed to proposed 'Ground Zero' mosque: Poll - Sep 25, 2010
- Now, Palin claims her record-setting 'refudiate' gaffe was only a typo - Dec 28, 2010
- Governor Of New York Declares That The Mohammedan Organization Will Not Reposition Its Planned Mosque - Aug 12, 2010
- 'Refudiate' just a typo, Palin now says - Dec 29, 2010
- 7 in 10 New Yorkers want proposed mosque away from Ground Zero: Poll - Sep 03, 2010
- 56% New Yorkers fear another 9/11 type terror attack: Poll - Sep 11, 2010
- Now, 'Ground Zero' mosque developer sued by bank over unpaid loan - Oct 18, 2010
- 10th anniversary of 9/11 attack marked by 911 memorial - Sep 12, 2011
Tags: 9 11 attacks, 9 11 survivors, ali mohammed, body politic, former new york mayor, governor of alaska, ground zero, mayor rudy giuliani, mosque, new york mayor, new york mayor rudy, new york mayor rudy giuliani, new yorkers, peter king, propaganda, rudy giuliani, sarah palin, vocal opponent, washington post, york mayor rudy giuliani