New York arts forum to unveil Gandhi exhibitionApril 1st, 2008 - 7:39 pm ICT by admin
New York, April 1 (IANS) The Tamarind Arts Council, a New York-based non-profit corporation, will unveil an exhibition of photographs, “Gandhi: The Legacy”, that captures an enduring view of the icon of India’s freedom struggle. The exhibits include iconic images of Mahatma Gandhi, key events from his life, along with rarely seen family portraits. The exhibition runs April 10 to May 3.
“Gandhi: The Legacy”, features monochrome photographs loaned from private collectors. These photographs offer insights into the man, how he lived, thought and acted, inspired by the vision of humanity evolving toward a world of peace and harmony.
The Tamarind Arts Council is dedicated to promoting and creating awareness about art forms of Indian influence in North America. It encourages and showcases Indian artists and performers and provides fellowships to those whose interest lies in Indian arts.
The council also co-sponsors museum exhibitions and events related to Indian arts and culture.
- When photographs speak the language of art (With Image) - Mar 21, 2011
- Indian artist's painting fetches $300,000 in US auction - Apr 02, 2012
- Family regrets auction of soil with Mahatma's blood - Apr 03, 2012
- Four private Indian art archives from US on sale at Sotheby's - Aug 09, 2012
- Tyeb Mehta, Khoj, Pakistani art to lead Christie's Asian sale (With Image) - May 30, 2012
- Bring a slice of Rodin's legacy home - for Rs.6 lakh - Feb 02, 2011
- Andy Warhol's self-portrait to fetch $40m at NY auction - Apr 22, 2011
- NGMA gets a new parallel address on Google Art Project - Apr 10, 2012
- South Asian art to find new platform at first Dhaka summit - Mar 22, 2012
- Rare portraits of Gandhi to be auctioned in England - Jan 13, 2012
- Muslim women creating new artscape (Feature) - Sep 14, 2011
- Indian art collectors' space getting new look - Jan 29, 2012
- California's Norton Simon Museum exhibiting Vishnu and other Hindu sculptures - Apr 23, 2011
- Michelle samples India's rich textiles, art - Nov 08, 2010
- Gurgaon Art Festival brings together 50 artists, 200 works - Sep 11, 2012
Tags: art forms, arts and culture, arts forum, exhibition new york, family portraits, fellowships, freedom struggle, iconic images, images of mahatma gandhi, indian artists, indian influence, monochrome photographs, museum exhibitions, peace and harmony, private collectors, profit corporation, showcases, tamarind, vision of humanity, world of peace