New UK railway line High Speed I to be inaugurated on November 14November 14th, 2007 - 2:03 am ICT by admin
With High Speed 1, the UK will be fully connected to the growing European high-speed network, a network that now stretches across 3,750 km (2,330miles) from The Netherlands and Germany, to Italy, Spain and beyond.
On November 14, Eurostar will move to its new home at St Pancras International. The station is being transformed, setting new standards for railway station in the 21st century. Taking inspiration from New York’s Grand Central Terminal, St Pancras International will be “Europe’sestination station”. It will be a place where the heart of London meets the heart of Europe; a place that people will want to visit … even ifhey’re not catching a train.
More than just a railway, HS1 has leveraged more than 10.5 billion pounds of investment in regeneration schemes around the new international stations at Ebbsfleet, Stratford and St Pancras. Trains travelling on the high-speed line create up to ten times less carbon emissions than the low-cost airlines on equivalent journeys.
Thanks to the dedicated High Speed 1 line, journey times will be slashed by 25 minutes to only 2 hours 15 minutes to Paris, and 1 hour 51 minutes to Brussels. (ANI)
- Britain may go in for China's high-speed bullet trains - Feb 17, 2011
- 9,000 people travel on Airport Metro daily - May 04, 2011
- Delhi school students to get Airport Metro experience - May 01, 2011
- China's high-speed train sets new record - Sep 29, 2010
- Airport Metro starts cloak-room service - Feb 28, 2012
- Airport Metro's two new stations open Monday - Aug 15, 2011
- Chinese firm exports high-speed train parts to Europe - Aug 10, 2012
- Algerian women suicide bombers poised to strike Europe - Sep 23, 2010
- China's high-speed train sets new world record - Sep 29, 2010
- Airport Metro offers discount this weekend - Dec 08, 2011
- Airport Metro offers discount on Guru Purab - Nov 09, 2011
- China's high-speed rail to surpass 10,000 km - Feb 16, 2012
- Airport Metro opens postal service counter - Apr 26, 2012
- Spanish group wins Saudi rail contract - Oct 27, 2011
- Delhi Tourism sets up kiosks at two Airport Metro stations - Mar 15, 2012
Tags: 50 million, carbon emissions, eurostar, grand central terminal, heart of europe, high speed network, international stations, journey times, journeys, low cost airlines, new international, nine years, november 14, railway line, s grand central, speed line, st pancras, terminal st, uk railway