New methods to check doping in OlympicsJuly 31st, 2008 - 4:08 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 31 (Xinhua) A new testing method has been put in place to check previously undetectable human growth hormone (HGH) during the Beijing Olympic Games. “The new test kits will track the use of HGH, a substance that boosts strength and speeds recovery, beyond 48 hours,” said Wu Moutian, deputy director of the Chinese Anti-doping Agency, Wednesday.
Wu, however, declined to disclose the details of the method.
The Olympic doping testing period began from July 27 and will run until the end of the Games. A total of 4,500 doping controls, including 900 blood tests, are planned in Beijing.
- Beijing to take drug cheats head on - Aug 01, 2008
- Cuba's Olympic athletes declared free of doping - Jul 12, 2012
- Doping test methods reliable for the Games, says Chinese official - Jul 31, 2008
- New test detects growth hormone doping - Sep 17, 2012
- Dope cheats must withdraw from Olympics: WADA - Jul 11, 2012
- China conducting Olympic standard doping tests for Asiad - Nov 07, 2010
- American sprinter Rodgers banned for doping - Mar 02, 2012
- Over 100 athletes got London doping bans: WADA - Jul 26, 2012
- Belarus shot putter Ostapchuk banned for one year - Sep 11, 2012
- Uganda athletes undergo doping test ahead of Olympics - Jul 03, 2012
- Olympics: Chinese anti-doping official warns athletes - Jul 24, 2012
- London 2012 anti-doping laboratory receives seal of approval - Apr 24, 2012
- Russia's London-bound athletes to undergo dope test - May 25, 2012
- Russian Terenteva rapped for doping violation - Feb 12, 2010
- Jamaica defends its anti-doping programme - Aug 18, 2012