New iPad to go on sale Friday: AppleMarch 15th, 2012 - 1:00 pm ICT by IANS
San Francisco, March 15 (IANS) Apple Wednesday made an official announcement that the third-generation iPad will arrive at Apple’s retail stores and its online store Friday in the US and nine additional countries and regions.
According to the company, the new iPad will hit the store Friday at 8 a.m. in the US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland, Britain, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, reported Xinhua.
Customers who buy a new iPad at an Apple retail store will be offered free personal setup service, said Apple. Customers in the US could shop and buy the device anywhere they are and pick up their purchase at any Apple retail store.
In the US, the new iPad will also be available at Best Buy, Radio Shack, Sam’s Club, Target and Walmart, Apple said.
Starting March 23, the new device will be available in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.
Last Wednesday, Apple introduced the new iPad featuring Retina display, A5X chip and improved camera which can shoot high-definition videos. The 4G model will support 4G LTE networks in the US and Canada, making it Apple’s first 4G device.
Market research firm Gartner estimated that 103.5 million tablet devices will be sold in 2012 with Apple accounting for two-thirds.
- New iPad sales top 3 mn: Apple - Mar 20, 2012
- Apple's new iPad brings 4G, better camera, more pixels - Mar 09, 2012
- Apple's new iPad hits Japanese market - Mar 16, 2012
- Rumor has it that iPhone 5 is going to have a 4-inch display - May 21, 2012
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to go on sale from 1st of March - Feb 29, 2012
- Apple blamed for delayed launch of BlackBerry tablet - Apr 08, 2011
- Apple to introduce iPad 3 in March - Feb 10, 2012
- Apple starts shipping first iPads - Mar 30, 2010
- Apple sells million iPads - May 04, 2010
- Apple To Launch Next Versions Of iPhone And iPad - Jan 19, 2011
- Apple plans new-generation iPad event - Feb 29, 2012
- iPad Available in US on April 3 - Mar 05, 2010
- Apple says over 300,000 iPads sold on debut - Apr 06, 2010
- Apple's new iPad launched in India - Apr 27, 2012
- Apple iPad will take time to hit Indian market - Apr 04, 2010
Tags: apple customers, apple retail store, australia canada, best buy, canada france, czech republic, denmark finland, gartner, high definition, ipad, ireland italy, personal setup, radio shack, retina, sam s club, target, third generation, virgin islands, walmart, xinhua