New iPad sales top 3 mn: AppleMarch 20th, 2012 - 1:40 pm ICT by IANS
San Francisco, March 20 (IANS) Apple announced Monday that three million new iPads have been sold since the product’s launch last Friday.
“The new iPad is a blockbuster with three million sold - the strongest iPad launch yet,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of worldwide marketing.
“Customers are loving the incredible new features of iPad, including the stunning Retina display, and we can’t wait to get it into the hands of even more customers around the world this Friday.”
“We had a record weekend, and we are thrilled with it,” Apple chief executive officer Tim Cook said earlier Monday at a conference call to announce a dividend and stock buyback programme, reported Xinhua.
The third generation iPad is now available in 12 countries and regions, and will be available in 24 more this Friday through the Apple online store, retail stores and some authorized sellers.
The new Apple tablet is the company’s first 4G LTE-capable device, featuring retina display, HD camera and faster processors.
- New iPad to go on sale Friday: Apple - Mar 15, 2012
- Apple plans new-generation iPad event - Feb 29, 2012
- Apple's new iPad hits Japanese market - Mar 16, 2012
- Apple's new iPad brings 4G, better camera, more pixels - Mar 09, 2012
- Apple's new iPad launched in India - Apr 27, 2012
- Apple To Launch Next Versions Of iPhone And iPad - Jan 19, 2011
- Apple's app store crosses 15 billion downloads - Jul 08, 2011
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to go on sale from 1st of March - Feb 29, 2012
- Apple to introduce iPad 3 in March - Feb 10, 2012
- Rumor has it that iPhone 5 is going to have a 4-inch display - May 21, 2012
- Is Apple going to announce the release date of iPad 3 soon? - Feb 09, 2012
- Apple blamed for delayed launch of BlackBerry tablet - Apr 08, 2011
- Apple starts shipping first iPads - Mar 30, 2010
- Amazon introduces new Kindle e-reader, HD tablet - Sep 07, 2012
- Motorola XOOM tablet launched in India - Jun 28, 2011
Tags: apple tablet, blockbuster, capable device, chief executive officer, conference call, dividend, hd camera, ipad, ipads, last friday, launch, retail stores, retina, schiller, senior vice president, stock buyback, third generation, tim cook, worldwide marketing, xinhua