New gas field found in TurkmenistanMarch 10th, 2012 - 1:08 pm ICT by IANS
Ashgabat, March 10 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A new natural gas field has been discovered in Turkmenistan, state TV reported.
The gas field that can produce up to 1.5 million cubic metres of natural gas daily was discovered at the Bagtyyarlyk area, a large contractual production sharing agreement territory in eastern Turkmenistan’s Lebap province.
Developed jointly by Turkmenistan and the China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), the Bagtyyarlyk area is the main supplier of the Turkmenistan-China gas pipeline.
With reserves estimated at over 26.2 trillion cubic metres, Turkmenistan has the world’s fourth largest natural gas reserves. Its main buyers are Russia, China and Iran.
- Iran finds large gas deposit in Caspian Sea - Dec 11, 2011
- India signs four-nation Turkmenistan gas pipeline deal (Lead) - Dec 12, 2010
- Four-nation gas deal signed in Turkmenistan - Dec 12, 2010
- Deora to sign gas pipeline pacts in Turkmenistan - Dec 09, 2010
- India, Pakistan to sign four-nation gas deal - Dec 09, 2010
- Blast hits Russia-bound Azerbaijan pipeline - Apr 14, 2012
- Egypt terminates Israel gas deal - Apr 23, 2012
- Russia to increase energy exports to Asia-Pacific - Sep 04, 2012
- No gas deal during Putin's China visit: Moscow - Oct 11, 2011
- US concerned over Uzbek decision to close rights watchdog - Jun 15, 2011
- Thousands to take part in Russian ski race - Feb 13, 2011
- India signs gas supply pact with Turkmenistan - May 23, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Merritt hurdles to 110m gold for US - Aug 09, 2012
- Putin calls for auction sales of strategic deposits - Jul 10, 2012
- India, Pakistan say strategy soon for gas import from Turkmenistan - Jan 25, 2012
Tags: 5 million, ashgabat, china gas, china national petroleum corporation, cubic metres, gas pipeline, iran, national petroleum corporation, natural gas field, natural gas reserves, pg, ria novosti, russia, state tv, trillion, turkmenistan