New chair on corporate governance in INSEAD’s Abu Dhabi centreOctober 8th, 2008 - 4:13 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Oct 8 (IANS) A new chair on corporate governance and strategy has been set up in the Abu Dhabi campus of the international business school INSEAD.The Abu Dhabi government’s investment vehicle Mubadala and the INSEAD Centre for Research and Executive Education in Abu Dhabi have signed an agreement to set up the Mubadala Chair on Corporate Governance and Strategy.
The agreement marked the first anniversary of INSEAD’s Abu Dhabi centre.
The new chair will bring together the INSEAD faculty with Mubadala analysts, associates and managers, in order to improve knowledge and understanding as well as contributing to management education in the region, according to an INSEAD statement.
“As a business school with two fully-fledged campuses and alliances with other top business schools, we consider the Abu Dhabi Centre as a key regional hub,” said Soumitra Dutta, the Roland Berger chaired professor in business and technology and dean of external relations in INSEAD.
He said the creation of the new chair in corporate governance would send a positive message to the regional business community about the need to develop a better management understanding of critical issues during these financially turbulent times.
“As Mubadala actively invests and creates new businesses in the region, we are conscious of the importance of good corporate governance and its impact on the development and diversification of Abu Dhabi’s economy,” Mubadala chief executive Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak said.
Originally known as Institut Européen d’Administration des Affaires, INSEAD is an international graduate business school and research institution with campuses in France and Singapore apart from Abu Dhabi.
The school offers a full-time postgraduate business administration programme, doctoral programmes and many executive education programmes.
Since its launch in September 2007, the Abu Dhabi centre has attracted more than 500 executives from across the region to its open-enrolment and customised programmes.
The centre also plays host to INSEAD students from the Europe campus in France and the Asia campus in Singapore who regularly visit the Middle East as part of their modular project work.
- Top business school INSEAD names Dipak Jain as next dean - Sep 20, 2010
- 6th Abu Dhabi-Singapore joint forum held - May 08, 2012
- UAE to set up aerospace research centre - Dec 18, 2010
- UAE students to train in France - Apr 25, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to set up health centre for foreigners - Jan 20, 2011
- Brazilian conglomerate gets $2 bn infusion from Abu Dhabi - Mar 27, 2012
- Abu Dhabi's first satellite to blast off March-end - Mar 12, 2011
- Abu Dhabi to host Global Aerospace Summit 2012 - Feb 23, 2012
- North American gurus to join Indian management conclave - Aug 05, 2012
- ISB signs MoU to provide executive education in Middle East - May 17, 2012
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade targets Middle East - Oct 31, 2010
- Emirates Identity Authority signs MoU with e-varsity - Jan 07, 2012
- Air expo opens in Abu Dhabi - Mar 07, 2012
- UAE launches satellite from French Guiana - Apr 23, 2011
- Abu Dhabi varsity to launch online courses - Sep 29, 2011
Tags: al mubarak, good corporate governance, graduate business school, institution with campuses, international business school, mubadala, regional business community, regional hub, roland berger, top business schools