New bacon soda turning New Yorkers’ tummies inside out!November 6th, 2010 - 1:10 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Nov 06 (ANI): New Yorkers grimaced and retched after sipping the new bacon soda unveiled by an American soda company.
Jones Soda Co. boasts that its bacon soda is vegetarian friendly and kosher. Those who tried it said it tastes like swill.
“That tastes disgusting. It made me want to throw up,” the New York Daily News quoted Tyrone Wallace, of Brooklyn, as saying.
Half of more than 40 people approached refused the taste test outright.
“You are supposed to eat bacon not drink it,” said Arlette Cepeda of the Bronx.
David Horowitz was among a brave handful of willing to sample the swine-flavored soda.
“My mother is rolling over at this one, but I will give it a try,” said Horowitz, 46, who provided a running commentary as he guzzled.
“Tastes like beef or something. It’s quite strong, and thick. Oh! And it is gross! Who would want that?”
Bartender Jessie Bilotta said, “Oh God, no! It smells like dog poop. I wouldn’t drink that even if it had alcohol in it.”
Seattle-based Jones Soda teamed up with JnD’s Foods, the maker of bacon-flavoured products such as Bacon Salt and Baconaisse, to produce the burgundy-coloured beverage.
The soda is being touted as part of a new cocktail, mixed with bourbon, an egg, cream, and soda water.
“Until now, it was impossible to guzzle your favourite breakfast meat, so this is a huge step for bacon lovers everywhere,” said Mike Spear of Jones Soda. (ANI)
- Now, Malt Salt to give your fish 'n' chips a vinegar kick without them going soggy - Oct 05, 2010
- Now, carnivorous cocktails for meat lovers! - Oct 28, 2010
- WhoopAss Energy Drink Re-Launch Planned By Jones Soda - Sep 23, 2010
- 11 designers to participate in India Bridal Fashion Week (With Images) - Aug 28, 2012
- Dr Pepper 10: Women feel left out - Oct 11, 2011
- Whiskey isn't just for men, says Bourbon Women - Apr 13, 2011
- Chinese kids fall ill after drinking soda water - Jun 06, 2012
- Alcohol-flavoured fudge 'will entice kids' - Nov 21, 2010
- Cat poo coffee is a hit in New York - Jul 28, 2010
- William R. Meissner Is The New CEO Of Jones Soda - Apr 09, 2010
- Energy drinks start their kick as soon as they touch your tongue - Apr 30, 2010
- Rachael Ray: Hugh Jackman Visits, Bobby Flay Cooks! - Oct 15, 2011
- Brits rate Bacon sandwiches as their favorite tasty pleasure - Mar 15, 2011
- Burger King introduces bacon sundae in the US - Jun 13, 2012
- Zeta-Jones enjoyed playing baddie - Jun 17, 2012
Tags: arlette, bacon, bartender, bilotta, bourbon, burgundy, david horowitz, egg cream, handful, jessie, jones soda co, mike spear, new cocktail, new york daily news, new yorkers, soda company, soda water, swill, taste test, york daily news