Neo-Nazis plotting ”Fourth Reich” in GermanyFebruary 27th, 2009 - 1:12 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb.27 (ANI): A defector from Germany’’s hard-core neo-Nazi party, the NPD, has given a chilling picture of the rise of new Hitler worshippers and their plans to build the “Fourth Reich”. Uwe Luthardt, who was a senior member of the NPD, quit to inform on the party that Germany tried unsuccessfully to ban several years ago.
The Telegraph quoted him as telling about weapons stores and how members greet each other with “Heil Hitler” salutes, sing the banned songs of the Third Reich and relish the idea of a new Holocaust against the Jews.
Last year neo-Nazi attacks in Germany reached an all-time high and the authorities are battling to stop youngsters from being attracted to the politics of the right, particularly now that Germany is in a deep recession and jobs are being lost by the thousands every day. Luthardt, a former board member of the party, said he was threatened that he could “disappear” if he informed on its inner workings.
“Someone who just quits usually gets a lot of problems, and can find himself waking up in intensive care. It wasn”t really my world. When you went along to evening meetings, you saw all the shaven heads, and a black sun or other Nazi symbols tattooed on arms. They usually just boozed or were abusive. If there’’s no opponent around, they just fight among themselves, he was quoted, as saying. “Many have an IQ close to my shoe size. Most of them are simply failures: failed pupils, people who dropped out of school or their apprenticeships, alcoholics that can”t find a foothold anywhere else, thugs. But every local organisation has three to five men who don”t have criminal records. They”re the ones sent to face the press or man information stands, he added. “I joined because I wanted to do something for Germany, I wasn”t interest in a Greater Germany. And suddenly everyone was saying we”ll take back Silesia in Poland and then we”ll give the communists a thrashing,” he said, adding that old Nazis living in South America still donate to the party and other funds come from the staging of skinhead-music concerts.
He went on: “The simple aim is the restoration of the Reich in which a new storm trooper organisation takes revenge on anyone who disagrees with them.
“The dream is of the German Reich. They”re totally convinced that they”ll win an election one day and that things will really get going. Everyone can imagine what would happen then,” he said. (ANI)
- Neo-nazis dominate German village where Hitler is still considered Fuehrer - Feb 07, 2011
- Germany's first Hitler exhibition seeks to break age-old taboos - Oct 13, 2010
- Neo-Nazis planning massive march in Germany to protest London memorial to Dresden bombers - Feb 05, 2011
- Germany''s neo-Nazi party using meltdown to rebuild Reich - Mar 08, 2009
- Apple removes Nazi Party anthem from iTunes online store - Jan 28, 2011
- Hitler's exhibition in Berlin extended due to throngs of visitors - Jan 07, 2011
- 'Gurdwara shooter was a neo-Nazi' - Aug 10, 2012
- UK tour firm slammed for $3100 Adolf Hitler tour - Jan 10, 2011
- Remains of Hitler's deputy cremated in Germany - Jul 22, 2011
- Man who cremated Hitler won't tell where ashes are - May 02, 2010
- Former Hitler aide, 97, signed 'start order' for mass execution of Jews - Dec 09, 2010
- Remains of Hitler's deputy to be destroyed - Jul 21, 2011
- Hungarian president outraged by planned neo-Nazi gathering - Aug 12, 2009
- 'Nazi princess' daughter of SS head still the heroine of shadowy Nazi group - Dec 02, 2010
- Former KGB officer claims to have cremated Hitler - May 01, 2010
Tags: alcoholics, black sun, communists, defector, five men, foothold, fourth reich, heil hitler, inner workings, intensive care, london feb, nazi symbols, neo nazi party, neo nazis, npd, shaven heads, shoe size, silesia, songs of the third reich, worshippers