Neil Armstrong is deadAugust 26th, 2012 - 6:44 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Aug 26 (IANS) Neil Armstrong, the first man to set foot on the moon, has died at the age of 82, his family said.
“We are heartbroken to share the news that Neil Armstrong has passed away following complications resulting from cardiovascular procedures,” Xinhua quoted the family as saying in a statement Saturday.
The statement did not say where Armstrong died.
Armstrong landed on the moon July 20, 1969 by taking the Apollo 11 spacecraft.
He is best remembered for saying: “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.”
- Neil Armstrong, first man on moon, is dead (Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- First man on moon to be buried at sea - Sep 07, 2012
- B-wood remembers first man on moon - Aug 26, 2012
- Neil Armstrong, first man on moon, laid to rest - Sep 17, 2012
- U.S. astronaut Neil Armstrong's funeral planned for Friday - Aug 28, 2012
- US loses three space pioneers in five weeks - Sep 03, 2012
- I'm safely on Mars, says rover tweet - Aug 06, 2012
- Neil Armstrong turns 80 - Aug 05, 2010
- China Launches "Moon Mission" as Nasa Loses Lunar Interest - Oct 02, 2010
- Second man on moon files for divorce - Jun 17, 2011
- NASA rover lands on Mars to discover if there was life (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Armstrong didn't say "one small step for a man" when he set foot on Moon - Jun 04, 2009
- Man's first step on moon: lost footage found, restored - Sep 29, 2010
- Doesn't matter who was first on moon, says "Buzz" Aldrin - Jul 20, 2009
- Moon dust could be toxic to humans - Jul 15, 2012