”Negative wi-fi energy” upsets Glastonbury residentsDecember 28th, 2008 - 7:12 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 28 (ANI): Glastonbury, regarded as an oasis of calm and tranquillity and Englands capital for alternative health therapies as well as spiritual healing remedies, is at the centre of a bitter row, as the residents are blaming the town’’s new wireless computer network - known as wi-fi - for a spate of health problems.
Some residents even said that electro-magnetic fields (EMFs) generated by the wi-fi system are responsible for upsetting positive energy fields of the body, which are known as chakras, and positive energy fields of the earth, which are known as ley lines.
The residents are now calling for the project, the first of its kind in Britain, to be unplugged and for wi-fi masts in the centre of the Somerset market town to be removed just seven months into its experimental run, reports the Telegraph.
Meanwhile soothsayers, astrologers and other opponents of the wi-fi system have resorted to an alternative technology - known as “orgone” - to combat the alleged negative effects of the high-tech system.
In May, Glastonbury became the first place in the country to have a free wi-fi network installed in its town centre.
The 34,000-pound project is financed by county council and regional development agency funding,
At a public meeting to discuss alleged health problems in the Somerset town, residents complained of numerous symptoms including headaches, dizziness, rashes and even pneumonia.
Protesters have claimed that the radiation linked to wi-fi network suppresses the production of melatonin, a hormone which helps to control sleep patterns, regulates the body’’s metabolic rate and boosts the immune system. (ANI)
- Google, O-Zone tie up to provide free Wi-Fi access - Jan 12, 2012
- Wi-Fi radiation killing trees - Nov 24, 2010
- Wi-fi radiation harmful to trees: Study - Nov 24, 2010
- Chinese warned against using web in public places - Mar 01, 2012
- Measuring Wi-Fi attacks can combat cyber crimes - Sep 13, 2011
- Wi-Fi connectivity on Howrah Rajdhani from September - Mar 30, 2012
- AT&T launches Wi-Fi project in Times Square - May 26, 2010
- Study reveals that using Wi-Fi on a laptop 'damages sperm' - Nov 30, 2011
- Shanghai buses to have Wi-Fi - Jul 10, 2012
- China to build five-star toilet - Jul 23, 2012
- Shanghai mulls free Wi-Fi service - Jul 25, 2012
- Wi-fi in homes can be hacked in five seconds - Oct 15, 2010
- Free online service for two hours in Shanghai - Sep 15, 2010
- Airlines to show Super Bowl 2011 on airplanes - Feb 01, 2011
- MPs can now use iPads in house - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: alternative technology, astrologers, bitter row, electro magnetic fields, energy fields, fi system, free wi fi, health therapies, masts, melatonin, metabolic rate, orgone, positive energy, rashes, regional development agency, sleep patterns, soothsayers, spiritual healing, town residents, wireless computer