Nearly 300 illegal workers held in DubaiJune 6th, 2012 - 12:57 am ICT by IANS
Dubai, June 5 (IANS/WAM) At least 293 street vendors, beggars and illegal car-washers have been arrested in Dubai.
Officials of the Dubai Municipality in cooperation with Dubai Police also seized several low-quality goods and pirated CDs.
As many as 195 street vendors, 49 car-washers and 42 illegal butchers and fish cleaners were caught.
A total of 3,553 counterfeit products, including ready-made garments, perfumes, cameras, and watches were confiscated. It also includes 2,387 DVDs, 989 pirated films, 126 pornographic movies and 27 packaged food items.
The arrested workers, who belong to various nationalities, would be deported.
- 499 people arrested from Dubai streets - Apr 03, 2011
- Over 500 people arrested from Dubai roadsides - Jan 03, 2011
- Beggars, illegal street vendors detained in Dubai - Jun 07, 2010
- Dubai foils bid to smuggle pirated games CDs - Oct 19, 2010
- Gang selling pirating movie, music CDs busted - Jun 26, 2012
- Bulldozer crushes 400,000 pirated CDs in Cambodia - Jan 06, 2010
- UAE opens 'green' service station - Jan 07, 2011
- UAE slaps over 1,400 fines for commercial fraud - Nov 30, 2011
- Dubai customs bust credit card racket - Mar 01, 2011
- Wiped off streets for CWG, vendors scramble for living - Nov 14, 2010
- Dubai Police to crackdown on begging during Ramadan - Jul 23, 2011
- Pirated CDs' cache seized in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 15, 2011
- UAE's anti-piracy meet to be held in Dubai - May 24, 2012
- About 400 illegal passports recovered in Dubai - Sep 15, 2010
- Fake US dollars seized in Dubai - Feb 02, 2011
Tags: beggars, butchers, car washers, cooperation, counterfeit products, dubai municipality, films, fish, food items, illegal car, illegal workers, low quality, nationalities, perfumes, pornographic movies, quality goods, ready made garments, street vendors, wam, watches