Nazi sticker book including Hitlers snaps up for auctionJanuary 28th, 2009 - 12:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 28 (ANI): A chilling book of Nazi photographs showing Adolf Hitler in both a powerful and caring light is up for auction.
Emerging after 70 years, the soccer-like stickers collected by members of the Hitler Youth feature the Austrian-born German politician skiing.
The images were all part of Joseph Goebbels” propagandist policy.
Made up of 138 pictures in total, the complete album includes snaps collected by Hitler fans over a period of time and stuck into the book.
It was brought back after the Second World War by a British soldier, reports the Telegraph.
The album has remained in his family ever since but has now come to light after being made available for sale at auction.
Included are pictures of the smiling Fuhrer with Goebbels” young daughter Helga and other children wearing traditional German dress.
Richard Westwood-Brookes, from Mullock’’s auctioneers, is selling the album at Ludlow racecourse on January 29.
He said: “This worked in just the same way as the Panini sticker albums of footballers work. Keen Nazis would buy the photographs from the local shop and then glue them into their albums. They would look forward to filling up a page or an album, just like children enjoy completing their football albums.
“There are some stirring images and they also show the other more human side of Hitler that we often don”t see. This was released in 1936, the year Berlin held the Olympic Games and the whole world was looking on.
“Goebbels was an evil genius and these albums meant people repeatedly opened them up to see inspiring photographs of their Fuhrer. There were other albums that covered the German navy, army and air force.
“It was during the year when the propaganda drive was at its peak and after Hitler had transformed the country in many ways. This album is in good condition and a soldier recovered it after the war and brought it home. It is now being sold by his family.” (ANI)
- Sketches of Hitler's artist who erased name from files post war up for grabs - Apr 04, 2011
- British spy sang for Hitler with secret documents in her underwear - Sep 10, 2010
- Rare World War II photographs of British troops found - May 28, 2009
- Tipu Sultan painting to be auctioned in Britain - Sep 05, 2012
- Hitler's first self-portrait up for auction - Mar 26, 2009
- British Legion's shameful visit to Hitler revealed after 75 years - Nov 01, 2010
- Stalin death mask goes on sale - Jan 24, 2012
- Unseen pics reveal Hitler's colourful side - Sep 25, 2010
- Rare Hitler colour photos found - Jan 12, 2012
- Sigmund Freud may have had Adolf Hitler painting - Feb 13, 2010
- Did rejection as artist turn Hitler into monster? - Mar 25, 2010
- Nazi women's magazines blaming Brits for WWII to be auctioned - Apr 15, 2009
- Hitler's signed autobiography to go on sale - Apr 11, 2011
- 100-year-old picture of Hitler, Lenin playing chess emerges - Sep 04, 2009
- For sale: Nude sketch by Adolf Hitler - Feb 27, 2010
Tags: adolf hitler, british soldier, brookes, complete album, evil genius, fuhrer, german dress, german navy, german politician, hitler youth, joseph goebbels, local shop, london jan, ludlow racecourse, mullock, panini sticker, propagandist, second world war, sticker albums, sticker book