Nawaz Sharif’s return to Pak still uncertainNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:01 am ICT by admin
“The eagerness of Sharif, his party leaders and senior family members for his homecoming is understandable, but it can’t take place unless all the parties involved in his deportation from Pakistan on Sept 10 work out at an agreement,” an informed source told The News.
A source said that the parties involved in Sharif’s deportation have not reached to any conclusion on this issue.
“I don’t believe that these parties have reached a firm and final understanding, providing for Nawaz’s return to Pakistan next month,” one source said.
“For the moment what I see happening is that Nawaz will have no restrictions to fly back home after the general elections next year,” he said.
Other sources underline the importance of the contempt of court petition that has been taken up by the Supreme Court for deporting Sharif in contravention of its August ruling that Sharif brothers have the fundamental right to enter and remain in Pakistan.
According to several lawyers, the apex court order was flouted. But it will all depend on the seven judges’ panel headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry how they see it, the daily reported.
On the condition of anonymity many Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leaders also admit that they are not confident about Sharif’s return next month.
Sources pointed out that the US may have a change of mind about keeping the former Prime Minister out of the country to give a free hand to Benazir to clinch power.
They also said President General Pervez Musharraf very well know that if PML-N chief is permitted to return at this juncture, the king’s party would be pushed to the sidelines. (ANI)
- Nawaz Sharif to challenge Pakistani Kashmir voters list - Jun 28, 2011
- Nawaz Sharif advised two-week rest in London - Mar 22, 2011
- Nawaz Sharif begins fresh term as party chief - Jul 28, 2011
- Pakistan government indifferent to people, says Nawaz - Sep 16, 2011
- Sharif underwent series of heart procedures in London hospital - Mar 20, 2011
- PML-N decides to remove PPP ministers from Pak Punjab govt - Feb 23, 2011
- Stent inserted in ailing Nawaz Sharif's artery to ease blood flow in London - Mar 18, 2011
- Nawaz involved in corruption: Rehman Malik - Apr 29, 2012
- After threat to Zardari, PML-N offices set ablaze - Oct 30, 2011
- Blasphemy laws should remain intact in Pakistan: PPP leader - Jan 11, 2011
- PML-N wants PPP govt. to complete its term: Nawaz Sharif - Jan 11, 2011
- Nawaz Sharif re-elected PML-N president - Jul 27, 2011
- PM should respect court orders: Nawaz - Jan 17, 2012
- It's monarchy in Pakistan, not democracy, says Imran - Dec 17, 2011
- PML-N has given grace period to PPP to implement 10-point agenda: Sanaullah - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: apex court, benazir, contempt of court, contravention, court petition, deportation, eagerness, fly back home, former prime minister, fundamental right, general elections, general pervez musharraf, judges panel, juncture, nawaz sharif, pakistan muslim league, party leaders, pml, president general