NATO confirms killing of Taliban Deputy Governor in AfghanistanJanuary 3rd, 2011 - 1:58 pm ICT by ANI
Kabul, Jan 3 (ANI): The NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) has confirmed that Taliban’s Deputy Governor, Bahadur, has been killed during a combined Afghan and coalition forces operation in Afghanistan’s northern Kunduz province.
“International Security Assistance Force confirmed Bahadur was killed during a combined Afghan and coalition force operation in Kunduz on December 30,” Xinhua quoted ISAF, as saying in a statement.
According to the statement, the militant who was killed in the combat operation was the Taliban Deputy shadowy Governor for Kunduz province.
“Bahadur provided funding, weapons and supplies to Taliban leaders and fighters. He also conducted attacks and provided operational guidance to senior Taliban leaders in the province,” the statement added.
However, a Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid in talks with media via cell phone from undisclosed location on Saturday confirmed that Bahadur was killed but insisted that he was a local commander of the outfit in the province, the report added. (ANI)
- Seven militants killed in Afghanstan - Mar 18, 2012
- Afghanistan: Taliban commander behind NATO helicopter crash captured - Sep 17, 2012
- Two Britons among dead in Kabul attack - Oct 30, 2011
- Four Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Oct 08, 2011
- 80 Taliban killed in failed attack on NATO combat post in Afghanistan near Pak border - Oct 31, 2010
- 18 militants killed in Afghanistan - Sep 18, 2011
- Afghan police kill 15 militants, detain 11 - Aug 23, 2012
- 95 killed in Afghan poll violence (Lead) - Sep 18, 2010
- Five militants killed, 22 held in Afghanistan - Feb 27, 2012
- 25 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Apr 14, 2012
- Three Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Dec 29, 2011
- Taliban leader killed in Afghanistan - Mar 04, 2012
- Three women killed during NATO operation in eastern Afghanistan - Apr 28, 2012
- Three civilians among nine killed in Afghanistan - Aug 21, 2010
- Suicide bombers attack Kabul shortly after Obama's visit - May 03, 2012
Tags: afghan, afghanistan kabul, cell phone, coalition force, coalition forces, combat operation, deputy governor, international security assistance, isaf, kunduz province, mujahid, nato, operational guidance, taliban, taliban spokesman, undisclosed location, weapons, xinhua