National Assembly will be dissolved by Nov 15: Pak Attorney GeneralNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:32 am ICT by admin
Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz also said that in a BBC report that the elections would be held as scheduled, despite President Pervez Musharraf’s declaration of emergency rule.
Elections are planned for mid-January, but there were fears they might be abandoned amid the crisis.
However, Federal Interior Minister Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao meanwhile said that the elections would not be held until normalcy returns to the country, where a state of emergency has been imposed.
Sherpao added that all detainees would be released soon, The News reported. (ANI)
- Pakistan court seeks Musharraf for Bugti killing - Nov 01, 2011
- Non-bailable warrant for Musharraf in Bugti assassination case - Aug 16, 2012
- Musharraf, Aziz booked for murder in Bugti assassination case - Oct 14, 2009
- Pakistani politician survives suicide attack (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Egypt Supreme Court calls for parliament's dissolution - Jun 14, 2012
- Pakistani politician escapes bid on life - Mar 03, 2012
- Thai PM dissolves parliament, sets July 3 for election - May 10, 2011
- Don't come back, ISI chief told Musharraf in Dubai - Jan 24, 2012
- Ex-PM Aziz not to join Musharraf's party, says 'politics not for everyone' - Jun 10, 2010
- Its raining court cases for beleaguered General Musharraf - Oct 19, 2009
- Pak SC accepts 'contempt of court' petition against Musharraf, Shaukat Aziz - Dec 03, 2010
- Book Musharraf over my father's death: Baloch leader's son - Sep 08, 2009
- All political bigwigs issued prohibited arm licences during Musharraf's regime - Feb 26, 2010
- SC petition filed for 'red warrants' against Musharraf in Bugti case - Jun 22, 2010
- Baloch court orders Musharraf to be booked for Bugti's murder - Oct 07, 2009
Tags: aftab ahmed, ahmed khan, attorney general, bbc report, detainees, dissolution, emergency rule, general elections, interior minister, national assembly, normalcy returns, president pervez musharraf, shaukat aziz, state of emergency