Naked Cowboy files lawsuit against Naked CowgirlJuly 22nd, 2010 - 7:02 pm ICT by ANI
New York, July 22 (ANI): The US man, who has been portraying himself as the Naked Cowboy, has filed a lawsuit against a woman who portrays herself as the Naked Cowgirl.
Robert John Burck, 39, who can be seen busking on New York City’s Times Square, says that comedian Sandy Kane has been stealing his show and hurting his rep.
“Everyone who comes up to me, I say hello and shake their hand. You come up to her and she gives you the finger,” the New York Post quoted him as saying.
His federal lawsuit says Kane not only dresses like the Naked Cowboy, but has stickers of him on her guitar, and has been falsely claiming that the CD she’s been hawking features a duet with him.
“This is not about money. It’s about preserving the integrity of the brand,” Burck’s lawyer, Joey Jackson, said.
“The Naked Cowboy, for 13 years, has put his blood, sweat and tears into building a brand. Sandy Kane is diluting and polluting the brand,” Jackson added.
Burck has his own website, and sells franchising opportunities for aspiring naked cowboys and cowgirls, but Kane hasn’t signed on with the program.
Kane’s lawyer, Nicholas Barnhorst, said she shouldn’t have to, and that the cowboy should get off his high horse.
“He does not have a monopoly on scantily clad guitar playing,” Barnhorst stated. (ANI)
- Naked Cowboy reaches out of court agreement with Naked Cowgirl - Mar 11, 2011
- New York's Naked Cowboy tells Naked Cowgirl to stop copying his act - Jun 23, 2010
- Naked Cowboy sues CBS over 'Bold and the Beautiful' promo - Feb 15, 2011
- New York's 'Naked Cowboy' to contest presidential election - Oct 05, 2010
- Times Square's Naked Cowboy running for president - Oct 04, 2010
- The 'Naked Cowboy' Announces Intention to Run for President - Oct 02, 2010
- 'Naked Cowboy' launches bid to run for Mayor in New York - Jul 25, 2009
- Naked New Yorker to run for mayor - Jul 22, 2009
- Naked Cowboy Robert Burck announces his run for the Presidency in the 2012 elections - Oct 02, 2010
- American Apparel CEO's lawyer says nude photos show ex-worker wasn't sex prisoner - Mar 26, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: World Tag Team Championship Match - Apr 23, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Opening Spat & Kane vs Orton - Jul 16, 2011
- Russell Brand tweets naked pic to promote new book - Oct 01, 2010
- 'Jersey Shore' star J-Woww asks court to stop ex from leaking nude pics - Jan 08, 2011
- Katich hires lawyer ahead of Cricket Australia hearing - Nov 09, 2011
Tags: 13 years, blood sweat and tears, building a brand, comedian, cowboys and cowgirls, federal lawsuit, files lawsuit, franchising opportunities, hasn, high horse, kane, monopoly, naked cowboy, naked cowgirl, new york post, own website, robert john burck, stickers, sweat and tears, times square