N. Korea threatens “physical counter-attack” against S. Korea’s naval drillAugust 3rd, 2010 - 2:57 pm ICT by ANI
Beijing, August 3 (ANI): North Korea has threatened to launch a “physical counter-attack” against a South Korean naval exercise set to start on Thursday, this week in the Yellow Sea, according to a Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) report.
The Xinhua quoted the commander of forces of the Korean People’s Army (KPA) in the western sector of the front, as saying in a statement that the DPRK military would take tough and powerful measures in response to the South Korean move.
Earlier, South Korea’s military announced that it would conduct an anti-submarine exercise in the Yellow Sea from August 5 to 9 in a bid to improve its defense capabilities.
The DPRK statement also asked all the civil boats including fishing boats to avoid entering the area.
The projected firing exercises of South Korea was not “a pure exercise” but an “open military attack” to defend its “north border” by “dangerous political provocation,” the statement said. (ANI)
- North Korea warns Seoul over military drill - Feb 19, 2012
- Pyongyang condemns South Korea-US military drill - Aug 19, 2012
- North Korea urges South to create peaceful atmosphere to resolve disputes - Aug 10, 2010
- North Korea confirms seizing S. Korean fishing boat - Aug 19, 2010
- North Korea warns of 'all-out war' in response to South's naval exercise - May 27, 2010
- Kim Jong-un inspects artillery unit before South Korea-US drill - Aug 18, 2012
- North warns South Korea not to ponder over "catastrophic consequences" - Dec 05, 2010
- S.Korea begins Yellow Sea anti-submarine drills, cocks a snook on N.Korea - Aug 05, 2010
- North Korea threatens to attack the South - Aug 03, 2010
- North Korea threatens war over US-South Korea drills - Feb 25, 2012
- S. Korea formally blames North for warship sinking - May 20, 2010
- South says North Korea ready to carry out nuclear test - Apr 24, 2012
- North Korea marks army's 80th anniversary - Apr 25, 2012
- Kim Jong-un signs order of battle - Aug 27, 2012
- China urges South Korea-US to treat its concerns on joint military drills seriously - Aug 07, 2010
Tags: army, beijing, central news agency, defense capabilities, exercises, fishing boats, korean central news, korean central news agency, korean people, kpa, measures, military attack, north border, north korea, provocation, south korea, south korean, western sector, xinhua, yellow sea