N. Korea accuses US of goading S. Korea into provocationDecember 19th, 2010 - 2:28 pm ICT by ANI
Pyongyang (N.Korea), Dec. 19 (ANI): North Korea has accused the United States of goading South Korea into provoking it.
The country’s official news agency KCNA, quoted a spokesman of the North Korean Foreign Affairs Ministry, as saying that Washington’s support of Seoul’s plan to hold firing drills again on Yonphyong Island was an “intolerable tease” and “absolutely unfair bellicose provocation.”
The move would lead the situation on the peninsula to an explosion and bring about tragic disasters if it broke the bottom, he said.
According to China’s Xinhua news agency, North Korea has sent warnings that provocateurs who infringe on its sovereignty and territory would be punished “firmly and unmercifully.”
It is not empty talk, the spokesman said.
The situation on the peninsula has been getting tense since the exchange of artillery fire on November 23 between South Korea and the DPRK, which killed four people. (ANI)
- Pyongyang condemns South Korea-US military drill - Aug 19, 2012
- N. Korea says shelling incident caused by S. Korean provocation - Dec 09, 2010
- North warns South Korea not to ponder over "catastrophic consequences" - Dec 05, 2010
- North Korea warns Seoul over military drill - Feb 19, 2012
- Kim Jong-un inspects artillery unit before South Korea-US drill - Aug 18, 2012
- S. Korea ready for talks with North provided not provoked - Jan 03, 2011
- North Korea to invite foreign experts for satellite launch - Mar 18, 2012
- North Korea to enhance nuclear deterrence - Jun 28, 2010
- North Korea to probe truth behind "Cheonan" warship case - Jul 31, 2010
- Seoul hopes tensions between Koreas will ease - Jan 02, 2012
- India, France urge Korea to comply with UNSC and IAEA BoG resolutions - Dec 06, 2010
- 'N. Korea warns of less restraint to S. Korea's military drills' - Dec 28, 2010
- North Korea warns of all-out war, even as China urges calm - May 21, 2010
- China urges North-South Korea to avoid 'tension-evoking' moves in Peninsula - Dec 19, 2010
- South Korea ready for talks with North Korea - Feb 21, 2011
Tags: artillery fire, china, disasters, dprk, explosion, foreign affairs ministry, goading, north korea, north korean, official news, peninsula, provocation, pyongyang, seoul, south korea, sovereignty, spokesman, tease, tense, xinhua news agency