Mystery surrounds Hamas official’s death after Dubai names 15 more suspects in caseFebruary 25th, 2010 - 6:05 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb. 25 (ANI): Clouds of mystery is surrounding the death of a senior Hamas official, after Dubai Police indicated the involvement of 15 members of an alleged Mossad squad in his assassination, six of them reportedly used fake British passports.
The announcement brings to 26 the total number of people, six of them women, suspected of involvement in Mahmoud al-Mabhouh’s assassination, which is widely believed to have been the work of Israel’s secret service, the Mossad, The Guardian reports.
The authorities in the emirate said the newly named suspects may have provided logistical support for the assassination of the Palestinian official.
Many used credit cards that were issued by the same small US bank, and flew in from Zurich, Paris, Rome and Frankfurt.
“This was to take deception to its highest level and guarantee the avoidance of any security supervision or observation of their movements,” the Dubai government said.
The six new British names are Mark Daniel Sklar, Roy Allan Cannon, Daniel Marc Schnur, Philip Carr, Stephen Keith Drake and Gabriella Barney.
A total of 12 British passport holders have now been named.
Six Irish passports, three French, three Australian and one German document were also used.
A newspaper reported that 10 of the 15 new suspects share the names of Israelis who hold dual citizenship.
Like all the others, Korman said he had not visited Dubai but did travel around the world and regularly flew back to Australia.
“I have been frightened and shocked since receiving the news. It’s irresponsible and a violation of human and individual rights to do such a thing,” said the Australian-born 34-year-old who lives and works in Tel Aviv. (ANI)
- Mystery surrounds Hamas official's death after Dubai names 15 more suspects - Feb 25, 2010
- Dubai Police accuses five UK passport holders of killing Hamas commander - Feb 16, 2010
- British police visit Israel to probe passport fraud - Feb 27, 2010
- Australia to expel Israeli diplomat over forged passports used in Hamas hit - May 24, 2010
- Dubai police identify more Hamas suspects - Feb 25, 2010
- Dubai police call on Interpol to help arrest Mossad head for Hamas commander murder - Feb 19, 2010
- Britain to expel Israeli diplomat over Hamas killing - Mar 24, 2010
- Hamas man's murder suspects went to US, Israel: police - Mar 01, 2010
- Interpol issues 'Red Notices' in Hamas leader killing - Feb 19, 2010
- Irish, Israeli foreign ministers to meet over Dubai death - Feb 21, 2010
- Dubai to issue arrest warrant for Netanyahu if Mossad behind Hamas killing - Feb 06, 2010
- Interpol seeks arrest of 16 more suspects in Dubai assassination - Mar 08, 2010
- The Hit Squad Suspected Of Killing Mahmoud al-Mabhouh Yet To Be Traced - Feb 17, 2010
- UAE concerned over release of Mossad agent - Aug 14, 2010
- Dubai issues warrants for 11 Europeans over Hamas killing - Feb 16, 2010
Tags: british names, british passport holders, british passports, clouds of mystery, dual citizenship, dubai government, german document, keith drake, korman, logistical support, london feb, mark daniel, mystery surrounds, paris rome, philip carr, roy allan, security supervision, sklar, travel around the world, us bank