Muslim priest blames women’s clothes for men’s sleepless nightsNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:14 am ICT by admin
Aziz said that the clothes, which are considered modest by the Western standards, were stopping the country’s men getting a good night’s sleep.
“We always [hear about] the abuse of children and wives in households, which is easily perceived by the eye but the emotional abuse of men cannot be seen,” Times Online quoted him, as saying.
“Our prayers become unfocused and our sleep is often disturbed,” he added.
The priest’s comments drew instant criticism from women’s groups in the country. (ANI)
- In Malaysia, defection may lead to divorce - Nov 07, 2009
- Young Muslims in Indonesia, Malaysia oppose polygamy - Jul 13, 2011
- Sex video controversy: Malaysian politician Anwar told to swear on Quran - Apr 21, 2011
- India celebrates Eid -- from Kashmir to down south (Roundup) - Aug 31, 2011
- Mamata leads candle light vigil for AMRI victims - Dec 13, 2011
- Malaysian spiritual leader urges Ulama to practice polygamy - Dec 11, 2009
- Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated with fervour in Lucknow - Aug 31, 2011
- Worshippers return to Wisconsin gurdwara - Aug 13, 2012
- Muslims urged to fight terror on Eid - Aug 31, 2011
- Rape not possible in marriage: Muslim cleric - Oct 14, 2010
- Old Hyderabad never sleeps for Eid shopping (Letter from Hyderabad) - Aug 16, 2012
- Prayers for peace as Andhra celebrates Eid - Aug 20, 2012
- Special Eid prayers planned ahead of Ayodhya verdict - Sep 09, 2010
- Power cuts lead to sleep-related disorders in Pakistan - Jun 21, 2012
- Osama bin Laden: billionaire heir who founded a terror empire (Profile) - May 02, 2011