Muslim group threatens to disrupt William’s weddingMarch 29th, 2011 - 7:10 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 29 (IANS) A group of extremist Muslims has allegedly threatened to disrupt the wedding of Prince William, saying “the day the nation has been dreaming of will become a nightmare”.
William, 28, will marry Kate Middleton, 29, at Westminster Abbey April 29.
A Muslim group - named Muslims Against Crusades - vowed to disrupt the royal wedding and even threatened to start a riot during the celebrations, The Sun reported citing Scotland Yard officials.
Meanwhile, a right-wing group, the English Defence League, has also vowed to act against people who might try to wreck the royal event.
The Muslim group has set up a website showing pictures of Prince Harry with a tagline saying “Bestman is a Nazi”. It was referring to a 2005 photograph showing Harry at a friend’s birthday wearing a Nazi armband.
The site termed the royal family “enemies to Allah and his messenger”.
The British flag is shown in flames along with pictures of Muslim children who the group claims were killed by British soldiers.
The site asks William and Harry to “withdraw from the British military and give up all affiliation to the tyrannical British Empire”.
“We promise that should they refuse, the day the nation has been dreaming of will become a nightmare,” it says.
Police have said they could use stop-and-search powers to stop wedding protesters and guard against any terrorist threat.
- Westminster Abbey adds another page to its history - Apr 29, 2011
- Muslim fanatics plan to turn UK royal wedding into 'nightmare' - Apr 20, 2011
- William - a prince, a pilot and a patron of charities - Apr 29, 2011
- Fans camp at Westminster Abbey for Royal Wedding - Apr 27, 2011
- Anarchists planning to disrupt UK royal wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Many UK royal wedding security steps would not work in US - Apr 22, 2011
- Will Prince Harry and Pippa Middleton end up as a couple? - May 02, 2011
- Kate Middleton to ride in Diana's carriage - Mar 22, 2011
- Muslim protesters agree to stay away on day of royal wedding - Apr 28, 2011
- Dame Helen Mirren wants Wills-Kat to perform second 'private' wedding - Apr 25, 2011
- Over 1,900 people invited to William's wedding - Feb 20, 2011
- ISS astronauts congratulate British royal couple - Apr 29, 2011
- Morrissey slams Royal wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Wills-Kate choose the same photog for big day as Charles and Camilla - Feb 17, 2011
- Mirren hopes William, Kate have private wedding also - Apr 25, 2011
Tags: bestman, british empire, british flag, british soldiers, crusades, defence league, english defence, group claims, kate middleton, london march, muslim children, muslim group, nazi armband, prince harry, prince william, royal family, royal wedding, scotland yard, terrorist threat, westminster abbey