Music release of Bhojpuri film in MumbaiJuly 27th, 2008 - 8:32 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, July 27 (ANI): Music release of Bhojpuri film ”Bhole Shankar was held in Mumbai on Saturday with much fanfare.
Bollywood veteran and superstar of the yesteryears, Mithun Chakraborty, who shot to fame with his ”Disco dance” song, has been roped in for the movie which is being dubbed as the biggest venture of the Bhojpuri film industry.
This is Chakraborthy’’s first ever Bhojpuri film.
Pankaj Shukla, the director of the film said that the songs are based on folk music. He added that while on one hand he managed to convince Chakraborty to be a part of the film, ”Bhole Shankar” has given a chance to many new singers.
A lot of hard work has gone into the making of the movie. The songs do not have any element of vulgarity, rather we have taken pains to retain the folk touch. We have also given opportunity to new singers, said debutant director, Shukla.
Music of the family entertainer has been composed by Dhananjay Mishra and it boasts of an impressive line of singers including Bollywood singer, Udit Narayan, singer turned actor, Monoj Tiwari and Raja Hassan and Mauli Dave who were among the popular finalists of a music show.
Noted Bhojpuri singer turned actor Manoj Tiwari said that the very fact that veterans like Mithun Chakraborty is encouraging a Bhojpuri film is appreciable.
The main thing is that Mithun Chakraborty is acting in a Bhojpuri film for the first time and I think that there is a long list of people who are patronizing Bhojpuri films. Earlier also, Amitabh Bachchan, Ajay Devgan have promoted Bhojpuri films. They are raising the standard. How the film fares, is a different issue altogether, said Tiwari.
Debutante singer, Mauli who has lent her voice to one of the nine songs of the movie was excited about her first project.
The genre and style of Bhojpuri songs is different and I like it. No, it was not difficult for me to sing it, I knew that I had to get into the mood and sing, said Mauli.
Veteran Bollywood singer, Shailender Singh has also lent his voice for a song that has been picturized on Mithun Chakraborthy.
The movie revolves around the issue of unemployment in which Chakraborty essays the role of Shankar, an underworld don and the elder brother of Bhole, played by Manoj Tiwari. (ANI)
- Bhojpuri songs to spread awareness about kala azar - May 09, 2012
- Classical singer Channulal Misra makes Bollywood debut - Aug 10, 2011
- Folk meets new-age beats in 'Gangs of Wasseypur' soundtrack (IANS Music Review) - Jun 11, 2012
- Bhojpuri cinema scripts a success story for five decades - Jun 29, 2010
- 21 music artists come together for new 'Vande Mataram' - Jan 25, 2012
- Raja Pandit finally composes independently for 'Jeet lengey Jahaan' (With Image) - Jan 05, 2012
- Akshay Kumar to sing for 'Khatron Ke Khiladi 4' - May 09, 2011
- Ranbir sings live for Gurgaon fans - Sep 13, 2012
- Film fraternity came out in full strength to support Anna's movement - Aug 28, 2011
- Bigg Boss 4: Manoj Tiwari Celebrates Chhat Puja - Nov 15, 2010
- Bhikhari Thakur's Bhojpuri legacy goes international - Jul 01, 2012
- India losing music genres due to Bollywood: Shubha Mudgal (Interview) - Jan 27, 2012
- Faced no difficulty in Indian music industry: Pakistani singer Zahid - Feb 06, 2012
- Dibyendu Debuts In As Music Director But Fails To Dub For His Acting Debut - Jan 08, 2011
- Suraj Jagan sings first Gujrati rock song (With Image) - Jun 14, 2012
Tags: ajay devgan, amitabh bachchan, bhojpuri films, bhojpuri songs, dance song, debutante, disco dance, family entertainer, film industry, impressive line, mauli dave, mishra, mithun chakraborty, music release, music show, nine songs, pankaj, raja, vulgarity, yesteryears