Music professor reveals what Beethoven actually meant to writeJanuary 3rd, 2008 - 5:37 pm ICT by admin
London, Jan 3 (ANI): A music professor from the University of Manchester has made a daring move by revising the music penned by Beethoven.
After spending 10 years studying the German composer’s 35 sonatas, Professor Barry Cooper believes that he has come up with the definitive version of the works that Beethoven actually meant to write.
Cooper has officially launched the revised version of the 35 sonatas, including three little-known pieces that Beethoven wrote when he was 12.
The outcome is a three-volume publication that includes Prof Coopers revised manuscripts and a 150,000-word commentary to aid performers.
What Ive done is try to reproduce what Beethoven actually wrote and what he meant to write more accurately than in any previous edition, Times Online quoted Prof Cooper, as saying. (ANI)
- The book 'no one can read' dates back to 15th century - Feb 11, 2011
- Previously unknown Mozart piece performed in Austria - Mar 24, 2012
- Bhopal and books - a forever affair (Feature) - Oct 03, 2011
- Crow to write music for Broadway show - Sep 22, 2011
- South Asian musicians present Beethoven for flood-hit Pakistan - Feb 01, 2011
- Use stuff you know as springboard for novel: David Davidar - Sep 29, 2011
- I'm translating Mahabharata for young English-speaking readers: Bibek Debroy - Jul 01, 2012
- What makes music beautiful? - Jan 20, 2011
- Islam in Kashmir earlier than thought, reveals Quran manuscript - Aug 15, 2012
- Budget: A manuscript of good intentions? (News Analysis) - Mar 16, 2012
- Film composer John Barry dies aged 77 - Jan 31, 2011
- Sherlock Holmes returns - from Nepal - Jun 18, 2010
- Before 'Bridesmaids', Wiig was clueless about screenwriting - Jun 20, 2011
- Sinead O'Connor calls off divorce - Jan 05, 2012
- Study finds similarities in art improvisation techniques then and now - Oct 23, 2010
Tags: 10 years, barry cooper, beethoven, coopers, daring move, definitive version, german composer, london jan, manuscripts, music professor, professor barry, sonatas, university of manchester, volume publication, word commentary