Music producer Spector convicted for murdering actressApril 14th, 2009 - 12:15 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 14 (IANS) Music producer Phil Spector has been found guilty of murder after a six-month retrial in Los Angeles.
Jurors, who were handed the case on March 26, reached a verdict at Los Angeles Superior Court early on Monday, and ruled that Spector shot and killed actress Lana Clarkson in the foyer of his Alhambra, California, mansion in February 2003.
Spector and his defence team, however, maintained that Clarkson shot herself, contactmusic.com reports.
The 69-year-old behind classic hits by Tina Turner, the Beatles and the Ramones now faces at least 18 years behind bars.
Spector was in court for the verdict. He will be sentenced on May 29.
He was arrested on Feb 3, 2003, after his driver called police to report a dead body in the foyer of the producer’s mansion.
Spector’s first trial ended in 2007 with a jury deadlock.
- Phil Spector conviction upheld - May 04, 2011
- Phil Spector' lawyers appeal to overturn murder conviction - Apr 13, 2011
- Phil Spector murder conviction upheld - May 03, 2011
- Phil Spector sentenced to 19 years jail for Lana Clarkson murder - May 30, 2009
- Music producer Phil Spector sentenced to 19 years in jail - May 30, 2009
- Al Pacino 'to play Phil Spector in a movie' - Oct 09, 2010
- Phil Spector Convicted as Wife Rachelle Spector Breaks Down - Apr 14, 2009
- Phil Spector found guilty of killing actress - Apr 14, 2009
- The Accused of the Lana Clarkson Murder goes Free - Mar 25, 2009
- Phil Spector to serve 19 years in prison for actress' murder - May 30, 2009
- Mirren replaces Midler in Spector biopic - Jul 20, 2011
- Al Pacino to play notorious producer on TV - Oct 10, 2010
- Lana Clarkson murder case: Phil Spector sentenced - May 30, 2009
- Phil Spector A Demonic Maniac: Prosecutor - Mar 24, 2009
- Phil Spector's adopted son's shocking revelation - Apr 24, 2009
Tags: 18 years, actress, alhambra california, angeles superior court, april 14, beatles, california mansion, deadlock, defence team, jurors, Lana Clarkson, lara clarkson, london, los angeles superior court, music producer phil spector, phil spector, producer phil spector, ramones, retrial, tina turner