Music of Punjabi film ”Mera Pind” released in ChandigarhAugust 10th, 2008 - 8:28 pm ICT by ANI
Chandigarh, August 10 (ANI): Music release of cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu’’s debut movie, ”Mera Pind, a regional Punjabi film took place in Chandigarh on Saturday.
Punjabi pop-singer Harbhajan Mann and ex-cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu released the music of the film.
The film is written, produced and directed by noted Punjabi filmmaker Manmohan Singh.
Manmohan Singh’’s film ”Mera Pind” stars Navjot Singh Sidhu, Harbhajan Mann, Kimi Varma, Deep Dhillon, Navneet Nishaan, Sheeba Bhakri, Rana Ranbir and Gurpreet Ghuggi.
The film ”Mera Pind” is the story of Sidhu (Navjot Sidhu)- a well to do, happy go lucky NRI who has chosen to settle in his native village, spreads the message of self-empowerment and entrepreneurship amongst the village youth. Led by Himmat (Harbhajan Mann), the youth set off a revolution in development of the village. Their lives are changed by Sidhu’’s simple but extremely enterprising initiatives. Soon, the village transforms into a modern prosperous hamlet and becomes a model village.
Addressing the media present during the occasion of film’’s music release Harbhajan Mann said, We used to feel bad about the fact that although the biggest Bollywood films have Punjabi songs, story and characters but when we look towards the Punjabi films and cinema we had not achieved as much. Few years back when I requested Manmohan ji to make a good film and we formed a team and, thus, started the film ”Ji Aaya Nu”.
Navjot Singh Sidhu, who is making his film debut with this film, said that sensible directors like Manmohan Singh were needed to take Punjabi films to a new height.
My biggest motivation for doing this film was that for the first time a sensible director had started making good sensible Punjabi films, who besides having a vast experience in film making was in love with Punjab and his mother tongue. He was not making a film out of any motive like to make quick profit, but was making a film with an aim to take Punjabi films to a new height, said Sidhu.
Music of the film is by Babloo Kumar while Babu Singh Maan has penned the lyrics.
The film ”Mera Pind” is slated for a September 5 release. (ANI)
- Punjabi filmmakers want to tell realistic stories - Jan 16, 2012
- Thumbs up in Malaysia to Punjabi film `Mera Pind-My Home' - Sep 20, 2008
- Navjot Sidhu's debut movie's music released - Aug 08, 2008
- Punjabi film to be released in Pakistan - Aug 26, 2012
- Cricketer Sidhu's debut movie to release in September - Aug 05, 2008
- Bollywood has hijacked Punjabi pop: Harbhajan Mann - Sep 29, 2010
- It's the renaissance period of Punjabi cinema, says director - Aug 11, 2008
- Punjabi industry lacks cinema knowledge, says comedian Ghuggi - Oct 06, 2011
- Priyanka, Sidhu honoured as 'Punjabi Icons' - Apr 09, 2012
- Fourth 'Punjabi Film Festival' concludes in Amritsar - Apr 04, 2011
- Punjabi films attract budding singers - May 19, 2009
- Punjabi actor Harbhajan Mann auctions 'Heer Ranjha' costumes - Nov 12, 2009
- 'Speedy Singh', a treat for bhangra, hip hop lovers (IANS Music Review) - Sep 04, 2011
- Navjot Sidhu complains against fake Facebook page - Jul 26, 2012
- Producer's job toughest: Jimmy Sheirgill - May 01, 2012
Tags: aaya, bollywood films, deep dhillon, film debut, gurpreet ghuggi, harbhajan mann, manmohan, manmohan singh, mera pind, model village, mother tongue, music release, navjot sidhu, navjot singh sidhu, punjabi pop singer, punjabi songs, quick profit, ranbir, self empowerment, sheeba bhakri